Padua Half-Day Tour from Venice
Padua, the little sister of Venice, is a gorgeous, historic, frescoed, and laid-back town. It is home to the Scrovegni Chapel, the Basilica of St. Anthony of Padua, Zukermann Palace, and Prato della Valle, all of which offer must-see art and architecture. Padua offers great cultural and artistic insights with the remarkable works left by Giotto, Donatello. This 5-hour guided tour departs from Venice and will provide you with interesting history and legends as well as the opportunity to see one of the most priceless masterpieces of Western art.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of St. Anthony
- Entry/Admission - Battistero del Duomo di Padova
- Entry/Admission - Chiesa degli Eremitani
- Entry/Admission - University of Padova
- Entry/Admission - Scrovegni Chapel
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Your tour starts with a stroll through the largest square in Italy, Prato della Valle. During the tour you will have the opportunity to see the Basilica of Saint Anthony, which is one of the most visited religious sites in the world. People not only come for religious purposes, but many individuals also visit because of its beautiful and well preserve artwork, which features five different architectural styles. These styles include Romanesque, Gothic, Byzantine, Renaissance, and Baroque.
With your guide, you will stop by the Palazzo della Ragione (palace of justice) to admire the temple of frescos, Piazza dei Signori during which you will gain insight about its name, history, and significance.
In addition to checking out the most admired coffee house in Italy, Cafe Pedrocch, which is also know by many of the locals as "no door coffee shop" you will have time to make a final stop by Scrovegni Chapel to see an important masterpiece of Western art by Giotto. You will have time to enjoy a signature coffee in the most beautiful cafe in Italy (own expense) if you would like.
A tour to Padua would not be completed without taking a stroll through the Jewish Ghetto and seeing an amphitheater that is older than the Colosseum in Rome. Your guide will then take you back to Venice, unless you choose to spend more time in Padua to visit Zuckermann Palace or Eremitani Civic Museum (these museums are opened every day but Monday and admission is included).
Departure Point :Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia, 30121 Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 a.m.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please be at the meeting point at least 5-10 minutes prior to the meeting time to make sure you find the correct meeting point with our guide because if you are late, it is almost impossible to catch up firstly because we are going to a different city. Secondly, at Scrovegni Chapel, only 25 people are allowed in at a time, and if we miss showing up at the time slot that we are assigned to, then it is very likely that we will not be able to get into the chapel on that particular day if tickets are sold out. Therefore, it is very crucial for you to show up on time.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.