Padua, Vicenza Medieval Renaissance paintings and architecture
Private tour to discover greatest artists of the Italian art History: the medieval art with Giotto, Renaissance architecture treasures of Palladio and the Baroque painting of the Tiepolos. With a professional Driver and a licensed tour guide.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to the Scrovegni Chapel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Padua, Padua, Province of Padua, Veneto
After 40 minutes driving distance by highway, you will make the first stop in Padua, one of the most important art cities in Italy, for a morning visit.
Padua was a Roman city of which very little is left today. From the Middle Ages, the town develops with churches and palaces under the rule of the Carrara family. And it became an important university center that dates back to 1222, just after Bologna. In this town, we can admire a masterpiece of the Italian medieval art: the Scrovegni Chapel that Giotto frescoed to the Carrara family. It is required a pre-booked ticket to visit this building that must be purchased from their website.
Padua is also the city of St Anthony. In the basilica there are the relics of the saint, an important religious site visited by pilgrims coming from all over the world. And near this area, for botany lovers (and not only), we find the first university botanic garden in Europe. Founded in 1545, it is part of the Unesco World Heritage List, and member of Botanic Gardens Conservation International. Of particular value is the historic center with the Herbs squares and remarkable buildings. Worth a stop the Caffé Pedrocchi, the historic site of the Italian Risorgimento. This can be a right solution for your lunch.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Vicenza, Vicenza, Province of Vicenza, Veneto
After lunch, you will will leave the town of Padua to Vicenza, located at about 40 minutes driving distance by highway. Vicenza is a town listed as Unesco World Heritage where you can find masterpieces of the greatest architect of the Venetian Renaissance: Andrea Palladio. Some of those buildings are Villa La Rotonda, the Olympic Theater, and several palaces in the historical center. His work creates an architecture style known as Palladian which it spreads to England and other European countries, as well as to North America.
On the hilly side of the town that follows the edge of the Bacchiglione river, you will have time to visit 2 important Venetian villas: Villa Rotonda by Palladio and Villa Valmarana ai Nani famous for the frescoes of Giambattista and Giandomenico Tiepolo.
After a coffee break, you will return back to Venice, at the same place from where you started your tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Parcheggio NCC Piazzale Roma, Rio Terà Sant'Andrea, 460, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A dress code is required to enter in the Basilica of Saint Anthony. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.