Pagus Wine Tours® - A taste of Valpolicella Half day Wine Tour
In this tour - but that's just one of the experiences you can live with Pagus - we will take you to an extraordinary land called Valpolicella. Its wine is considered legendary since Roman times. You’ll learn about the history of our wines and of this great territory. On Valpolicella wine route you will admire panoramic views of hills and vineyards, with a stop at the hamlet of San Giorgio di Valpolicella.
Moreover, during the tasting in a local cellar, you will discover the entire range of Valpolicella wines DOC (Controlled Denomination of Origin) and DOCG (Controlled and Guaranteed Denomination of Origin) including Valpolicella, Ripasso, his majesty Amarone and Recioto.
Join our half day wine tour (around 3,5 hours) developed for those who want to spend an afternoon far from the town, in the calm countryside, tasting good wine with the company of other wine lovers.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Transport by air conditioned minivan
- Local English speaking tour leader and sommelier at your disposal
- Visit at the hamlet of San Giorgio di Valpolicella
- Visit and wine tasting session (at least four wines with bread, cheese and/or salami)
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Pick up at the hotel
- Departure at 2.00 p.m. from Via Roma, 33 Verona (in front of Castelvecchio).
We visit the hamlet of San Giorgio di Valpolicella and an Amarone winery in the Valpolicella Classica wine region.
Transport by air conditioned minivan (9 seats).
During the journey from Verona to the hills of Valpolicella Classica wine region, our Pagus tour leader and sommelier will be at your disposal; you'll have a guided walk along the streets of San Giorgio di Valpolicella, a visit to the Romanesque parish church (VIII - XII century), a visit and a wine tasting session at an Amarone winery (at least four wines with bread, cheese and/or salami).
The duration is 3.5 h approximately.
Minimum for 2 people – max 8.
Departure Point :Via Roma, 33, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please notice
- the tour leader, in respect of all the guests, will wait for you in case of late maximum for 15 minutes.
- We want you to spend a lovely day with no distress so, please, in booking our tours, inform us if you have limited mobility (in some old cellars there are stairs); or if you have any intolerance or allergy about food/wine (some tours are including appetizers in the cellar or lunch in local Restaurant)
- We ask you to inform us if you have any appointment after the tour (if you booked a train ticket, an opera show in Arena or a reservation for a restaurant), so we can do our best to respect the schedule.
- In the cellar the temperature is constant 15 Celsius degrees (59 Fahrenheit), so we suggest to take with you a sweater or a jacket; if it will be possible we will try to show you the vineyards, so it’s recommended to wear sneakers or comfortable shoes.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.