Painted Ladies Mansion Tour with Exclusive Access to a Private Victorian Home
See San Francisco’s legendary Victorian grandeur beyond the Painted Ladies on this in-depth tour with a local expert. Admire the most astonishing homes as you weave through the hidden streets past glorious feats of architecture and modern restoration. Hear stories of middle class families and current passions before stepping inside a private Victorian home with exclusive access to a collection of Victoriana unlike any other.
per adult from
What's included :
- Exclusive Entrance to Private Victorian Home
- Small groups of 20 people or fewer
- Local Expert Guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lafayette Park, Washington, Sacramento, Gough and Laguna Streets, San Francisco, CA
This is the perfect tour for anyone who wants to go behind closed doors and take an intimate look at the history of San Francisco and its inhabitants.
Your day begins at Lafayette Park where you’ll meet your small group of 20 people and take in a slew of different Victorian mansions from the outside, including the famous (and jaw-dropping) Spreckels mansion. After a few pictures of the fantastic views over San Francisco Bay, you’ll pass some of the famous row houses and learn how much money it takes to afford your own slice of a San Francisco Victorian as you stop off at Cottage Row, a hidden street lined with homes that have stood here since the 1800s.
Pass By: Painted Ladies, Alamo Square, Steiner and Hayes Sts., San Francisco, CA
Painted Ladies row houses
Pass By: Spreckels Mansion, 2080 Washington St, San Francisco, CA 94109-2844
Your next stop is the highlight of the trip. Walks has secured special access to a privately owned Victorian mansion that has been lovingly restored and features a jaw-dropping private collection of Victorian artifacts and knick-knacks. The tour, which is guided by the home’s owner, is completely exclusive and it's the experience of a lifetime for any lover of Victoriana.
Pass By: Alamo Square, Hayes & Steiner, San Francisco, CA 94117
Your final stop is the famous Alamo Square, home to the “Painted Ladies” which you will recognize from television and postcards. Approaching from the very best viewpoint, you’ll be able to take your own postcard-perfect pictures with this unforgettable backdrop.
Departure Point :2000 Gough St, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Alamo Square Park, Western Addition, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- San Francisco is a notoriously chilly city with micro-climates. It is best to wear/bring layers for all of our tours, even at the height of summer.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.