Palaces of Queluz, Mafra, Sintra and Monserrate
Queluz Palace and its historic gardens are one of the most extraordinary examples of the harmonious connection between landscape and palace architecture in Portugal. They illustrate the evolution of the Court's taste, a period marked by Baroque, Rococo and Neoclassicism.
Mafra - famous for its palace-convent, built by D. João V in the 18th century as a result of a vow that the young king had made if Queen D. Ana Ana of Austria gave him descendants, the Mafra Palace is the most significant Baroque monument in Portugal, integrating a Royal Palace, a Basilica, a Franciscan Convent and an important Library, a synthesis of the encyclopedic knowledge of the 19th century. XVIII.
Palácio da Vila de Sintra: In the center of the town of Sintra, marking the landscape with the unmistakable silhouette of the two chimneys
Monserrate Palace: A writers' retreat, Monserrate attracted countless foreign travelers, mainly English, who praised its beauty in travel and engraving reports
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private guide and accompaniment to all monuments
- Pick up and drop off in the accommodation
- Compulsory insurance
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Clean and Safe Certificate
What's excluded :
- Monument tickets
- Entry/Admission - National Palace of Queluz
- Entry/Admission - Palacio Nacional de Mafra
- Entry/Admission - Sintra National Palace
- Entry/Admission - Palacio de Monserrate
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Palace of Queluz, Largo do Palacio, Queluz 2745-191 Portugal
The Palace of Queluz with a beautiful decoration filled with pieces of enormous value, became the official residence of royalty, especially the Portuguese prince regent, the future D. João VI, as well as his family, until the flight of the royal family to Brazil due to the French invasions. In this palace was born D. Pedro IV or D. Pedro I of Brazil. It also served as a discreet place of imprisonment for Queen Mary I, "Mary Louca", while her madness continued to worsen after D. Pedro's death.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palacio Nacional de Mafra, Terreiro Dom Joao v, Mafra 2640-492 Portugal
In the village of Mafra, it is impossible to remain indifferent to the monumental Palace of Mafra, which was erected by D. João V in 1711. Known also as a place of welcoming people, there is also the famous Tapada de Mafra with an area of 1187 hectares and surrounded by a wall with a length of 21 km. The Tapada has a great diversity of animal and vegetable species.
The palace, located in the center of the village, is the most luxurious national convent in the Baroque style and also houses, in addition to the Convent, a Basilica and the Royal Library. The Library displays a precious collection of more than 40,000 books with gold bindings, including the first edition of the Luís de Camões Lusíadas. It also has a set of six organs, unique in the World for size and beauty.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sintra National Palace, Largo Rainha Dona Amelia, Sintra 2710-616 Portugal
Sintra National Palace with its two distinct cone-shaped chimneys, symbol of the city of sintra. The National Palace of Sintra has a thousand-year history. The original Moorish palace belonged to the Portuguese crown, after the conquest of Lisbon in 1147. It is worth visiting the interior of this palace, where you can learn a little about the history of Portugal. Since the first dynasties, Sintra has been a favorite place for Portuguese kings, and the decoration of this palace is a reflection of that, combining various artistic styles to the taste of the kings who lived here. We can also find here a small history of tiles in Portugal, from the Hispanic-Arab specimens to the blue and white panels characteristic of the 19th century. XVIII
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Palacio de Monserrate, R. Visc. de Monserrate, Sintra 2710-591 Portugal
A retreat for writers, Monserrate attracted countless foreign travelers, mainly English, who praised its beauty in travel stories and prints. When Francis Cook, a wealthy 19th century English industrialist and great art collector, visited the site, he was fascinated. Out of that passion was born a masterpiece of Romanticism: the Park and Palace of Monserrate.
Duration: 35 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Administration Harbor Lisbon, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1399-012 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.