Palais Royal - History & Shopping in Paris
The Palais Royal is a national domain sitting in the center of Paris. Built by Cardinal Richelieu in 1640, the Palais Royal later became the heart of the French Revolution in the 1780s, frequented by courtisans, politicans, prostitutes and firebrands.
Later the gardens were transformed into one of the city's first shopping & entertainment complexes, starting the Arcade Era that transformed the shopping experience. Once the gambling parlours & brothels were added, it became the centre of Parisian social life both night & day.
Today the neighborhood is a quiet mix of tradition and modernity, with chic boutiques, craftsmen's ateliers and cozy bistros. We'll do some shopping in the luxury boutiques in & around the Palais Royal - designer fashions, designer shoes & handbags, vintage designer clothes & accessories. Let me take you on a visit to discover the pearls of this lovely area of Paris.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions are not included
- Food and drinks are not included
- Entry/Admission - Conseil d'Etat
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Conseil d'Etat, 1 Place du Palais Royal, 75100 Paris France
The State Council is housed in the Palais Royal Palace, constructed circa 1640.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Domaine National du Palais-Royal, 8 rue de Montpensier, 75001 Paris France
We will learn about the history of the Palais Royal & do a little shopping along the way
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Galerie Vivienne, 6 rue Vivienne, 75002 Paris France
One of the first shopping malls, we will visit this beautifully decorated arcade dating from 1823.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Place des Victoires, Paris France
One of the earliest urban projects, the Place des Victories was intended for wealthy Parisians wanting to be near the Louvre.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Conseil d'État, 1 Place du Palais Royal, 75001 Paris, France
Return Detail :43 Rue Croix des Petits Champs, 75001 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for people with difficulty walking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.