Palo Verde Boat Tour and Wildlife Watching from Dreams Las Mareas
Palo Verde River is a migratory sanctuary for tropical birds and the perfect tour for all ages. Year-round it is home to crocodiles and three types of monkeys, herons, egrets, king fishers, scarlet macaws and nesting ground for crocodiles.
Your tour begins in the morning, with pickup from DREAMS RESORT in Guanacaste. Driving couple of hours, you will pass the Guanacaste plains and see melon and papaya fields, grown for export from Costa Rica. Once on the river you will spend a couple of hours looking for wildlife and taking photos. After the boat tour you will stop to enjoy a typical lunch.
Your tour continues to visit with local artisan who will demonstrate their craft, showing local skills passed down through generations using pre-Columbian style of the Chorotegas. Pottery is available for purchase at the end of the tour.
Return to your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Wildlife River Boat Tour
- Pottery Demonstration by local artisan
- Hot Typical Lunch with natural fruit beverage
- Round trip ground transportation from DREAMS RESORT ONLY
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Transportation from any property outside DREAMS RESORT. Please contact us before booking, we may pick up at nearby properties for an additional charge, but check first.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palo Verde National Park, Costa Rica
Ground transportation is provided from DREAMS RESORT.
We will confirm pickup time once you have made your reservation.
Zone 3 – 6:15 – DREAMS RESORT LOBBY
Please be ready and waiting in lobby 15 minutes prior to reconfirmed departure time.
Your tour begins with pickup from your Guanacaste beach hotel. Driving two hours you will pass through the Guanacaste plain and see melon and papaya fields, grown for export from Costa Rica. Once on the river you will spend a couple of hours looking for wildlife and taking photos.
The comfortable, covered river boats allow your captain and guide to put you near the bank so you can get close enough to see the howler monkeys, boat-bill herons and bats that reside on tree bark and take photos. Impressive American crocodiles nest on this river and if they are hatching, the guides will show you the little ones. Guests are often treated to close-up photos of white-faced capuchin monkeys in the trees near the river banks.
After the boat tour, you stop to enjoy a typical lunch served family style. Local cooks serve meals with steaming bowls of rice and black beans along with warm, homemade tortillas and refreshing a natural fruit beverage.
Stop At: Guaitil Pottery Studio, La Rotonda next to the restaurant Surf Shack, Tamarindo Costa Rica
Your tour continues with artisans who demonstrate their craft, showing local skills passed down through generations. The indigenous residents gather local clay, throw the pieces, fire them in the pre-Columbian style of the Chorotegas (kilns) and polish or paint before adding the final glaze. It is an interesting presentation and you are welcome to take photos. Pottery is available for purchase at the end of the tour.
Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes that will make it easy to get up and down the boat ramp. Apply sunscreen & insect repellent prior to pickup. Take a backpack with anything you will need for the remainder of the day including cash to tip knowledgeable and informative guides. Don’t forget your hat or visor, binoculars and a camera or phone to capture the wildlife encounters.
After the pottery tour, you will begin the drive back at your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is from Dreams Las Marea Resort only
Departure Time :6:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum of 2 persons needed
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Weather permitting. Crew reserves the right to determine if necessary to cancel. If crew cancels, refund or alternate tour will be provided, dependent upon availability
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for wheelchairs
- Not responsible for damage to personal items brought on tour. Bring personal items at your own risk.
- Please be ready and waiting in the lobby of your hotel 15 minutes prior to reconfirmed departure time
- Drivers will not be able to wait for guests who are not ready when they arrive, and tour cost will be forfeited.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face mask recommended when traveling in transportation vehicles
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.