Palo Verde National Park boat tour
On this private full-day tour to Palo Verde National Park from Coco Beach. You will discover the animal and plant life of the dry rain forests of Costa Rica. You'll also take a wildlife cruise on the Tempisque River where you can get sightings of animals in the wild including monkeys, crocodiles, iguanas, and a variety of birds.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
What's included :
- National Park fees
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- The dry rain forests of Costa Rica are some of the finest remaining examples of this ecosystem in the world. The Palo Verde National Park is part of the Tempisque Conservation Area, designed to protect this unique environment from civilization’s encroachment.
This day begins with a pickup at your hotel for the drive to Palo Verde National Park. The Park is the largest protected area in Guanacaste and possibly one of the most important ones in Central America, providing a safe and natural habitat for all of its wild residents.
This 2.5 hour cruise down the Tempisque River on an authentic riverboat is the best way to view the rich wildlife of Palo Verde National Park. Your knowledgeable local guide knows where to look for inhabitants of the forest, even the shy ones, to provide you with a superior experience. You’ll see howler monkeys (although you might hear them before you see them), maybe some white-faced monkeys, crocodiles, iguanas, lizards and up to 300 species of indigenous birds. You’ll learn about the native tress and the important role they play in this special ecosystem.
After your boat ride, a traditional Costa Rican lunch will be ready and waiting, providing a delicious and authentic experience.
As you make your way back to Guanacaste, we’ll make a quick stop to do a little shopping for local art, pottery, other handmade items or some locally grown coffee.
Departure Point :Hotel
Departure Time :From 8am to 2pm
Return Detail :Hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.