Pamukkale, The Cotton Castle
This tour enables you to combine history and nature as you drive to Pamukkale (the Cotton Castle). This uniquely beautiful and spectacular natural site will make you feel like you're in a fairytale with the dazzling white petrified cascades surrounding thermal spring water laden with carbonate minerals. The cascades plunging down the mountainside have created this natural formation of stalactites, cataracts and basins. The thermal water has been used since the Roman period for its therapeutic powers. You will visit the Roman city of Hieropolis. In Hieropolis you will see the Temples of Apollo and Delphi, a 4th Century Basilica called Monumental Nymphaeum and the Theatre. After visiting the well-preserved Necropolis, return to Kusadasi or Izmir. Lunch is included with this tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Hierapolis & Pamukkale
- Entry/Admission - Cleopatra Pools
- Entry/Admission - Hierapolis Arkeoloji Muzesi
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pamukkale, Pamukkale
A magical and spectacular natural site, unique in the world, Pamukkale (Hierapolis) is a fairyland of dazzling white, petrified castles. Thermal spring waters laden with calcareous salts running off the plateau's edge have created this fantastic formation of stalactites, cataracts and basins. The hot springs have been used since Roman times for their therapeutic powers. Both the thermal centre with its motels and thermal pools, and the ruins of the ancient city of Hierapolis, are situated on the plateau. Another thermal centre northwest of Pamukkale, Karahayit is known for its water's high iron content. Honaz Dagi National Park is 20 km east of Denizli, near the town of Honaz. Mt. Honaz is one of the most beautiful and highest peaks (2528 m) in the Aegean region. It is covered with a gorgeous alpine forest. Early Christians settled on the northern slope; the name of this ancient site is Colossae, and remains of the settlement can be seen.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hierapolis & Pamukkale, Pamukkale 20280 Turkey
In spreading Christianity in Anatolia, Hierapolis played an important role and was where one of the twelve apostles of Jesus Christ, Phillip, died. This is why Hierapolis was established in the 4th century AD to be an important religious hub. It was later given the title of East and Hierapolis Guide, which became a metropolitan bishopric in 395 AD, under the rule of the Eastern Roman Empire. The name Hierapolis is also a holy city. It has the Necropolis, the Domitian Gate, the Reliefs Theatres, the Frontinus St., the Agora, the Byzantine Tower, the gym, the Triton Fountain, Apollo sacred site, water-ways and Nymphea, the City Walls, the Martyrdom of St. Philip and the Bridge, the ruins of Column Church, the Basilica and Roman Baths. All stand in all their glory and ready to be visited in Hierapolis.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cleopatra Pools, Pamukkale Turkey
Since ancient times, Anatolia 's thermal water sources have been used. Some settlements are situated near thermal springs, in the Anatolian lands rich in thermal springs and mineral waters. Pamukkale has a thermal spring in the Ancient City of Hierapolis. The ancient swimming pool in Hierapolis has 2500 years of history. The settlements of the town of Hierapolis were demolished and the thermal waters rose during the earthquake which took place in 692 AD. Following the earthquake, the ancient city columns were submerged by a natural thermal pool. Visitors are attracted by the opportunity to enter the old pool, at which the temperature always reaches 36 degrees, irrespective of the weather. The healing water of Hierapolis old swimming pool was so famous that the Egyptian queen Cleopatra visited the pool frequently and named the swimming pool as Cleopatra's pool.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hierapolis Arkeoloji Muzesi, Orenyeri Kasabasi Pamukkale, Denizli Merkez, Denizli Turkey
The Museum of Archaeology of Hierapolis has been housed since 1984 close to Roman Baths, one of the biggest buildings in the Ancient City of Hierapolis. This museum has artefacts from Laodicea, Colossae, Tripolis, Attuda and other towns of the Lycus (Çürüksu) valley beside the historical artefacts that were found in Hierapolis. Besides, the museum also includes some of the finest examples of the Bronze Age craft and an extensive section devoted to artefacts found at Beycesultan Mound. This lovely museum also displays artefacts from the regions of Caria, Pisidia and ancient Lydia. There are three closed areas of Hierapolis Bath and open areas on the eastern side known as the library and gymnasium in the exposition area. The museum also has a private exhibition space. The artefacts are mainly marble and stone in this open exhibition area. Impressive Tombs & Statues, Small Artefacts and Theatre's Ruins Galleries are just impressive and not to be missed!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Karahayit, Karahayit
Karahayıt, which is known for its high iron content of its waters, is another thermal centre to the northwest of Pamukkale. The colour of the spa is surprisingly red due to its high iron content. Like Pamukkale's calcareous content, Karahayıt also delivers health since ancient times. Despite the same wing and fault, the temperature of the water of Karahayit is significantly higher than Pamukkale's spring water. Therefore, it gives more healing power. The spa has also less CO2 ratio which also improves the quality of this spa. It's a miracle of the mother nature.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available for the best hygiene practice.- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time and let the lobby staff know that you are expecting a tour guide.- Comfortable shoes are advised- Wheelchair users must inform our agent whether guest(s) is/are fully dependent on the chair or partly able to walk or move.- Cruise port pickups from Izmir International Cruise Port are included in the tour price.- Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport pick up service is included in the tour priceAirports
- Adnan Menderes Airport, Izmir Turkey
- Izmir Port, Umurbey, 35230 Konak/İzmir, Turkey
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/5/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For healthier travel experience, we will be upgrading our standard vehicles to SUVs, MPVs and Vans for 8 people or less and 16 or 33 seater minibuses for 9 people or more, both options at no extra cost. All medical regulations will be adhered to during this time until further notice for your safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.