Panama Canal and Gatun Lake Jungle Eco Cruise
In this tour that departs from central Panama City you will get up close with the Panama Canal and the abundance of wildlife on its shores. You will take a cruise in a boat right next to the transiting ships and visit islands in Gatun Lake that are full of wildlife.
This is not a TRANSIT tour, we wont travel by boat inside the locks.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Boat ride on the Panama Canal (90 minutes)
- Visit Monkey Island
- Driver/professional guide
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Tours is guided in English only
- Entry/Admission - Monkey Island
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks that are not water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is an eco-tour on the Panama Canal, not a transit tour. You will not visit or transit any locks.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Panama Day Trips- Canal Eco Tours, Calle El Cangrejo Calle D El cangrejo, Panama City 0807 Panama
To start this tour, you will be picked up in central Panama City and taken halfway up the Panama Canal to the town of Gamboa, where the Chagres River meets the canal.
Pass By: Chagres River, Gamboa Panama
Halfway up the Panama Canal to the town of Gamboa, where the Chagres River meets the canal. Where A professional bilingual guide and boat captain will be waiting for you in a spacious covered boat.
Pass By: Panama Canal, Panama City Panama
During your 90-minute boat cruise you will ride along the waters of the Panama Canal right next to the ships passing through on their way to the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans. The destination is Gatun Lake, where you will cruise around islands created during the canal construction and see the abundant wildlife on their shores.
Stop At: Monkey Island, Gatun Lake, Panama City Panama
You will visit the famous Monkey Islands where we can see capuchins, howlers, and tamarins in their natural habitat. The islands are situated in a world renowned tropical birding area, and along the shores you might catch glimpses of crocodiles, capybara, coati, agouti, iguanas, and much more.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Panama Day Trips- Canal Eco Tours, Calle Hercilia Lamela, Panamá, Panama
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- The tour starts in a very remote area and there will be no access to public restrooms for up to 3 hours. There is a sheltered latrine available for women at the dock but it is very rustic.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. If it rains you might get wet.
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.