Panama Canal Eco Cruise and Embera Village Combo Tour
This unique tour of the Panama Canal and its watershed takes you through the modern operations of the canal and a visit to a remote indigenous village on the banks of the Chagres River. An exciting boat ride down the canal will introduce you to the transiting ships as well as the abundant wildlife on its shores, followed by a canoe ride on the upper reaches of the Chagres River and a visit to the indigenous Embera Village of Embera Drua.
This is not a TRANSIT tour, we wont travel by boat inside the locks.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Panama Canal boat ride (90 minutes)
- Chagres River canoe ride
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Tour is guided in English only
- Entry/Admission - Monkey Island
- Entry/Admission - Embera Drua Villiage
What's excluded :
- Due to heavy traffic, no free pickup from hotels located near Amador Causeway, Clayton (City of Knowledge) Playa Bonita. Separate transportation for the an extra charge
- Playa Blanca, or Rio Hato, Metromall or Tocumen Airport need to arrange own transportation
- This is not a TRANSIT tour, we wont travel by boat inside the locks.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chagres River, Gamboa Panama
To start this tour, we will follow the Panama Canal north to the town of Gamboa, where the Chagres River meets the canal.
Pass By: Panama Canal, Panama City Panama
To start this tour, we will follow the Panama Canal north to the town of Gamboa, where the Chagres River meets the canal. We will ride along the waters of the Panama Canal right next to the ships passing through on their way to the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Our destination is Gatun Lake, where we will cruise around islands created during the canal construction and see the abundant wildlife on its shores
Stop At: Monkey Island, Gatun Lake, Panama City Panama
We will cruise around islands created during the canal construction and see the abundant wildlife on its shores. We will visit the famous Monkey Islands where we can see capuchins, howlers, and tamarins up close in their natural habitat.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Chagres National Park, Carretera Madden, Colon Panama
Once we finish with our canal and lake boat ride , we will head to Puerto Corotu on the banks of Lake Alajuela, where our indigenous friends will be waiting to take us up the Chagres River aboard their version of a dugout canoe.
Stop At: Embera Drua Villiage, Panama
We are brought to the village where our hosts will be waiting. We will visit the Embera village of Drua, where we will witness a presentation about their culture, traditional dances, be served a simple lunch of fried fish, plantains, and fresh fruit. You then have opportunities to receive traditional painted "tattoos" which will fade away after a few days
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Panama Day Trips- Canal Eco Tours, Calle Hercilia Lamela, Panamá, Panama
We will finish the tour with hotel drop off.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from centrally located Panama City hotels in the following areas: • El Cangrejo• Obarrio• Punta Pacifica• San Francisco• Punta Paitilla• Avenida Balboa• Bella Vista• Casco Viejo• Marbella• Financial District• El Dorado• Bethania
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The tour starts in a very remote area and there will be no access to public restrooms until around 10:30am. There is a sheltered latrine available for women at the dock but it is very rustic.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is not a TRANSIT tour
- Tours is guided in English only
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.