Panama Canal Partial Tour - Northbound direction
• Be the protagonist in your Panama Canal Tour
• Navigate through the Miraflores and Pedro Miguel Locks.
• Enjoy the action of the Panama Canal's operation.
• Get indulge in history dating more than 100 years old!
• Experience the Panama Canal in the comfort and spacious M/V Pacific Queen.
• The M/V Pacific Queen offers two areas for better comfort: opened and air conditioned decks
• Meet our Captain Claudio and the Panama Canal's pilot in our open Bridge.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Breakfast - Continental breakfast
- Professional bilingual guide
- Sodas and water (all you can drink)
- Roundtrip hotel transfer
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panama Marine Adventures, Flamenco Marina, Amador Causeway, Panama City 0812 Panama
Our check in point is at Flamenco Marina, located on the last island of the Amador Causeway. It is right next to the Panama sign and behind the Duty Free Shop.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Bridge of the Americas, Balboa, Panama City Panama
The Bridge of the Americas is a road bridge in Panama, which spans the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal. Designed by Sverdrup & Parcel, it was completed in 1962 at a cost of US$20 million, connecting the north and south American land masses.
Pass By: Panama Canal, Panama City Panama
The tour starts at Flamenco Marina. You will board the Pacific Queen and set sail towards the entrance of Panama Canal on the Pacific Ocean. Take a moment to admire the Bay of Panama and Panama City’s splendorous skyline before you pass under the Bridge of the Americas.
The Panama Canal partial transit tour begins with the Pacific Queen entering the Miraflores Locks where the vessel is raised 18 meters above sea level in two distinct steps. You will then enter Miraflores Lake, which is a small artificial body of fresh water that separates Miraflores from Pedro Miguel Locks. Next, the Pacific Queen will enter Pedro Miguel Locks, which is the second set of locks on the Pacific side, and here the vessel is raised 9 meters in one step. After exiting the Pedro Miguel Locks, you will be able to view the new Centennial Bridge which crosses over the Canal.
You will then enter the south end of the Gailard Cut where the Chagres River flows into the Canal. The Gailard Cut (also known as Culebra Cut because its curves resemble a snake) is one of the main points of interest for visitors because it was carved through the Continental Divide and this section of the Canal is full of history and geological value. The Pacific Queen will travel the Cut's 13.7 kilometers on the way to Gamboa Dredging Division. As you transit the Cut you will be able to appreciate the continuous maintenance that this area requires, because it is very susceptible to landslides.
You will disembark at the Gamboa Dredging Division where you will board motor coaches for a 45-minute ride back to the Flamenco Marina.
Pass By: Centennial Bridge, Pan-American Highway, Panama City Panama
Panama's Centennial Bridge is a major bridge crossing the Panama Canal. It was built to supplement the overcrowded Bridge of the Americas and to replace it as the carrier of the Pan-American Highway. Upon its opening in 2004, it became the second permanent crossing of the canal.
Departure Point :Fuerte Amador. Resort & Marina, 084300762, Panamá, Panama
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed, please let us know so we can recommend the nearest at walking distance.The exact pickup time will be informed on the day before of the tour through the Viator extranet around 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm. You can also contact us at this time.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 120 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We have shoe sanitizing mat before boarding the vessel.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.