Panama City: Two Sides of San Felipe
See two different sides to Panama City on this guided 4-hour tour. Meet your friendly local guide and then set off for the upscale Spanish Quarter where the city's rich and ethnically diverse denizens live and word. See some legendary cultural and historical monuments, such as Casco Antiguo, visit Las Bovedas, El Arco Chato and El Altar de Oro of San Jose Church and then stroll through erstwhile no-go zones that are not bustling with hip restaurants and cafes. Indulge in a local hearty dinner and then get transported back to your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bilingual guide
- Bottle of water
- Entry/Admission - Casco Viejo
What's excluded :
- Get transported to two different worlds while in Panama City. Meet your guide and then head off to the posh Spanish Quarter. See where some of the city's elite live and where others come to party and dine and sip coffee. In the districts of San Felipe and Casco Antiguo, stroll the streets, taking in the cultural ambience and visiting El Altar de Oro of San Jose Church, El Arco Chato, Las Bovedas and other monuments in the area.
Later meet up with former gang members who have been rehabilitated. Learn about their new businesses and new lives and how they are a beneficial and positive part of the community. Hear stories about how this part of town was a no-go zone, dangerous and declared a "red zone" by city authorities. See the American Trade Hotel, once overrun with criminals and now a five-star hotel.
Departure Point :Hotels in Panama City
Return Detail :Panama City, Panama
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes, hat, sunglasses, camera
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.