Pantalica is the most impressive prehistoric and Paleo Christian settlement in Europe. Nestled amongst this valley carved out by the Anapo and Calcinara rivers, you can find tombs, Byzantine churches, caves and a windmill which are all testament to man’s ancient presence here.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up/ drop-off from/to your accommodation in Catania city and surrounding area
- Transfer service
- Multilingual guide
What's excluded :
- Pick-up/ Drop-off outside the pick-up area
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Necropoli di Pantalica, Tra Ferla e Sortino, Pantalica, Sicily Italy
Pantalica is the most impressing prehistoric and early Christian village in Europe, is located along a canyon between the Anapo and Calcinara rivers where tombs, caves, villages and Byzantine churches testify to the ancient presence of man in this river valley.
The Pantalica Nature Reserve was founded by the Sicilian people who lived there for over 2,400 years.
This enchanting place is the largest necropolis in Europe.
For the high historical, archaeological, speleological and landscape profile, in 2005 it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Catania, Province of Catania, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up will be at your accommodation in Catania city and surrounding area.Pick-up time is at 9 am, few minutes flexibility are asked in case of traffic jam.For a smooth service we recommend waiting in front of your accommodation at the agreed time. Airports
- Fontanarossa Airport, Catania, Sicily Italy
- Porto di Catania - Molo di Levante, 95121 Catania, Province of Catania, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.