Papal Gardens at Castel Gandolfo Skip The Line Tickets
Located in tiny Castel Gandolfo, one of Italy’s most scenic towns, the Papal Palace complex spans 55 hectares - 11 more than the Vatican (which makes Pope Francis the only person whose holiday home is bigger than the country he governs).
This prime land ended up in papal hands back in 1596, when the once-mighty Savelli family lost the plot (to bankruptcy). Decades later, Pope Urban VIII ordered the construction of a country home here; the views across the lake and of the surrounding hills are spectacular.
Just recently Pope Francis, aka Cool Pope, opened a huge portion of these premises to the public. So you can spend some time admiring the lush tree-lined gardens and, of course, viewing the remains of Emperor Domitian’s residence.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance to the Papal Gardens
- Picnic (if selected)
- Entry/Admission - Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Transportation to Castel Gandolfo
- Visit: Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo, Piazza della Libertà, 00073 Castel Gandolfo RM, Italy
Tour around beautiful gardens, built into the ruins of Emperor Domitian’s own 2,000 year-old country residence,Visit the fairy-tale villa where popes have come to escape the hustle and bustle of the Vatican since the 17th century.
Departure Point :Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo, Piazza della Libertà, 00073 Castel Gandolfo RM, Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.