Papallacta Hot Springs & Guango Cloud Forest Reserve PRIVATE
Take a day to awaken your senses and feel the benefits of the hot springs waters. Papallacta is located 65 km (41 miles) east from Quito; it has a tundra-like habitat known as paramo in its upper part and montane humid forest below. Due to its location, on clear days it allows for breath-taking views of the Andean landscape. In the way you'll stop at the Papallcta pass, one of the best spots for landscape photography and birdwatching in the area. Then you'll continue to Guango Cloud Forest Reserve where hummingbirds will take your full attention. The cloud forest concentrates the highest diversity of these winged jewels in the Americas. Today you'll experience different types of habitats from paramo grasslands to exuberant lush green vegetation all deep in the Andean subtropical zone. Following the tour you'll continue to the Papallacta Hot Spring Complex where you'll get a delicious lunch and then have enough time to soak in the benefits of its therapeutic waters, relax and enjoy!
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Lunch with soft drink
- Coffee and tea at Guango
- All activities
- Certified bilingual naturalist guide
- Private transportation
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Termas de Papallacta
What's excluded :
- Local Taxes (Only for Ecuadorians)
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Papallacta, Papallacta, Napo Province
After an early departure from Quito at 7:30 am from your hotel, you'll drive some 65 km (41 miles) east of Quito the road brings you into the high elevation paramo at the Papallacta pass, a very tundra-like habitat. On clear days the views of the surroundings and various volcanoes are breath-taking; a stop right up at the pass is one of the best spots to photograph the snow-capped Antisana Volcano as it towers over the mountains below.
If weather allows, from this point on we should start scanning the sky from time to time for the Andean Condor, Variable Hawk, Carunculated Caracara and Black-chested Buzzard-Eagle, that may soar overhead.
At the highest elevations you’ll seek out the secretive and cryptic Rufous-bellied Seedsnipe and other unique wildlife of this region.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Guango Lodge, Papallacta 150205, Ecuador
Later you’ll drive to Guango Reserve, where you will embark on a hike along the trails around the lodge to get a taste of the beautiful Andean temperate forests; hummingbirds will take your full attention. The cloud forest concentrates the highest diversity of these winged jewels in the Americas.
Colorful mixed flocks with birds such as Lacrimose and Hooded Mountain Tanagers, Blue-backed Conebill, Black-capped Hemispingus can be seen around the lodge. Here you have possibilities of seeing very local birds like the stunning Gray Breasted Mountain-Toucan, Andean Guan, and Northern Mountain Cacique. Along the Papallacta River you’ll try to find a unique resident of fast flowing mountain rivers, a powerful swimmer and diver: the Torrent Duck. This could definitely be one of our day highlights!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Termas de Papallacta, Km. 65 vía Quito - Baeza, Papallacta 150753 Ecuador
Following the tour you'll continue to the Papallacta Hot Spring Complex where you'll enjoy a delicious lunch and then have enough time to soak in the benefits of its therapeutic waters, relax and enjoy! You'll drive back to Quito later in the afternoon.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off at your hotel or accommodation in Quito and airport area.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A small amount of walking is involved along trails with irregular terrain although if participants require longer hiking trails are available.
- Copy of passport of one of the group members is require for billing purposes (local tax exemption)
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Ecuador received the WTTC Safe Travels Stamp from the World Travel & Tourism Council. Private tours guarantee that you will share your time and space with your group only, making your experience safe while enyoing the unmatched biodiversity of our forests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.