Papyrus Manufacturing Tour and learn Papyrus making in Egypt
Papyrus Institute Papyrus is an important part of Egypt’s history. The raw material used to make this ancient paper comes from the stalk of the Cyperus papyrus plant,which has a brittle interior and a tough exterior and grows in damp regions of the Nile Delta. Its method of production was a well-kept secret for many years, allowing the ancient Egyptians to have a monopoly over its production and distribution.
The Papyrus Institute is a government-approved museum and shop not far from the Pyramids in Giza, where visitors can browse and buy a huge selection of hand-painted papyrus prints. Prices range from the cheap to the very expensive, but bear in mind that these prints are the authentic article and make for some quality souvenirs.
Staff at the Papyrus Institute talk visitors through the entire process of manufacturing papyrus, including a demonstration of exactly how it is made.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Queen of Egypt Papyrus
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Queen of Egypt Papyrus, Abu El Houl St. Nazlet El Samman, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Papyrus Institute Papyrus is an important part of Egypt's history. The raw material used to make this ancient paper comes from the stalk of the Cyperus papyrus plant,which has a brittle interior and a tough exterior and grows in damp regions of the Nile Delta.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
As Per Requested time our tour guide will be waiting at the lobby area and he will be holding a sign showing our company name Emo Tours
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.