Papyrus Manufacturing Tour and learn Papyrus making in Egypt
As Per Requested time pickup from your location in Cairo by our representative and transfer to Giza area to visit one of The biggest Governmental Papyrus Institute in Egypt and it's sponsored shop near the Pyramids where you can see a demonstration of how papyrus - the ancient type of paper - is made, and choose from an enormous selection of hand-painted papyrus sheets.
Prices range in all hands from 5 $ up to 150 $
after you finish you will be dropped back to your Hotel in Cairo
What is the Papyrus?
The English word papyrus is derived via Latin, from the Greek, papuros. The Arabic word is Bardy or also Warak Bardy meaning Papyrus paper.
It is often claimed that Egyptians referred to papyrus as pa-per-aa, literary meaning, that which is of Pharaoh, apparently indicating that the Egyptian crown owned a monopoly on papyrus production, though no actual ancient text using this term is known.
Papyrus was very important to the ancient Egyptians as it helped transform Egyptian society in many ways. Once the technology of papyrus making was developed, its method of production was a closely guarded secret allowing the Egyptians to have a monopoly on it as it became the lifeblood for ancient Egypt. It was even exported to many locations in the ancient world. The raw material of papyrus paper comes from the plant Cyperus papyrus, a long stemmed plant that grows in damp regions of the Nile Delta in Egypt.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Emo Tours Egypt, Square - Pyramids, Al Remaya Al Haram, Giza 12561 Egypt
As per selected time we`ll pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to Pyramids area where the Papyrus institute located after you finish you will be transferred back to your hotel
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Ahlan Cairo airport, Int airport, Cairo airport, Qasr Ad Dobarah, Abdeen, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Traveler pickup is offered
Cairo International airport Arrival Hall Saudi Airlines, Sheraton Al Matar, El Nozha, Cairo Governorate, Egypt.Airports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.