Paragliding tandem experience Rome
You will experience a Paragliding Tandem Flight in the 'Wild heart of Italy', the Central Apennine mountains.
At just a stone's throw from the most beautiful city in the world, Rome, you can admire the breathtaking landscape while soaring over the mountain ridges. Up on the launch, you’ll get a harness, helmet and run through a pre-flight briefing with your guide. After a safety check and a few steps… you will be airborne, ready to enjoy the stunning panorama and the feeling of pure flying!
The flight is tailored to you, thrillseekers and those looking for a more relaxed pace are both served.
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport from meeting point to launch site
- Flight experience of 15-20 minutes
- Photo and video package with micro SD card
- Use of paragliding equipment
- Safety briefing
- Local guide speaks English, Italian, Spanish, Greek, French, German and Dutch
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Choose the meeting time that suits your schedule and meet your pilot on one of our 2 main flying spots:
Our preferred summer take off, due to more favorable weather conditions, is located just 90 km from Rome and 15 km from the center of the town Rieti. The biggest and most scenic tandem flight of the region, in the Central Apennine Mountains, has an altitude of 1260m above sea level and breathtaking scenery. Gaze down at the lakes of the Valley of Santa and the summit of Monte Terminillo as you soar over the gorgeous landscape.
With a view on the sea site and the archeological site of Norba, the flying site of Norma is our preferred winter flying spot. When the thermal conditions in the mountains are in winter sleep, this site still gives good flying conditions. Norma is located in the Province of Latina, at 80 km from the center of Rome, and easily reachable by train.
From the meeting point we'll drive you up to the launch site with our vehicle. Up on the take off listen to the briefing of your pilot, who will take you through the details of the take off and landing process, and get strapped in your flying equipment. Within a few steps you will take off from the mountainside and glide in the air, using the thermals that rise up from the ground below you. Just lean back, relax and enjoy the flight!
For the adrenaline seekers, you can ask your pilot to do some aerobatic maneuvres or pilot yourself.
The landing will be as smooth as the take off, on the landing field next to your car.
• Transport from meeting point to launch site
• Flight experience
• Flying equipment for flying: harness, helmet and insurance
• Photo and video of the flight experience on a micro SD card
• We only work with professional and experienced tandem pilots, with a passion for flying
• No experience necessary, all ages are welcome
• Weight limits apply (30-110kg)
• Don`t leave it to the last day of your holiday, we are weather dependent
• Allow 1 – 2 hours for your tandem paragliding experience
Pick-up from train station or bus station is possible, contact us for more information.
Safety is important for us and we will only fly in perfect weather conditions.
Departure Point :Paragliding landing of Poggio Bustone, Province of Rieti or parking area in Norma, Latina.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bring a pair of mountain shoes or sports shoes with good traction, long trousers, a wind jacket and sunglasses
- We have no age restrictions but minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Weight restriction are minimum 30kg and maximum 110kg
- Not recommended for pregnant women, people with heart diseases or epilepsy
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.