Paris Macaron Walking Tour of Saint Germain Including Tasting
Where did macarons come from, and when were they invented? Why are these world-famous pastries connected to Paris, and who makes the best ones? Come walk around Paris' ancient Saint-Germain quarter with a local guide and learn the actual history behind macarons and this historical area. Visit the most famous macaron boutiques, and partake in a macaron judging event to see for yourself which macarons you like the best.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- 5 gourmet macarons from Paris' most famous macaron boutiques (flavor depends on day)
- History of macarons
- Parisian history
- Local and professional guide
What's excluded :
- Coffee/ beverage if event is held at a café in poor weather
- Bottled water
- Meet in front of the Abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Près. After discussing the origin and historical impact of macarons, you will follow your local guide through the ancient streets of the Saint-Germain quarter. After stopping at five macaron shops, including the oldest and newest boutiques in Paris, you will finish the tour by partaking in a judging activity. Using fun and valid categories you'll have a chance to see for yourself where the best macarons in Paris can be found. Compare with your friends, and if you want you can convert the provided special judging sheet to a picture frame to post your experience on social media.
Departure Point :1 Place Saint-Germain des Prés, 75006 Paris, France
Return Detail :Luxembourg Gardens, 75006 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Selected macaron flavors depend on the day
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.