Paris Small-Group Gourmet Food Tour With Optional Lunch and Wine Tasting
Take a 2-hour gourmet food tour of France with this small-group walking tour. and sample a variety of delicious regional specialties from Paris’ traditional heritage food district. Your guide will lead you to the best spots in this area: sample breads, cheeses, charcuterie, pastries, and chocolates, lovingly produced by skilled artisans from across the country. You can opt to end the tour in an award-winning wine bar, where the local produce and fare will be paired with a flight of leading wines served by an expert sommelier, for an authentic and delicious French lunch.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided walking tour
- Visit local artisan producers and taste regional specialties
- Flight of wine at an award winning wine bar (if option selected)
- Picnic style lunch with local produce bought during your tour (if option selected)
- Bottled water
- Fully accredited local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Please note lunch is not included unless you select the option
- Stop At: Rue Etienne Marcel, Etienne Marcel, Paris France
Meet your guide and small group at the Etienne Marcel metro station in Paris, where you'll begin your tour of the best of French regional gastronomy. Before starting the tour, we'll show you one of our favorite places in Paris, before heading to a charming local bakery, in typical French style, with a buttery croissant. Learn about how these specialties are made, along with traditional breads. Your guide will pick up some baguettes here to enjoy later in the tour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rue Montorgueil, 75001 Paris France
The Les Halles quarter of Paris is traditionally known as ‘the belly of Paris.’ Once home to the huge, teeming food market that fed the city each day, it remains today a mecca for food lovers, the streets lined with specialty food stores, restaurants, cafés and kitchen supplies. Join the local Parisians as they shop for their daily groceries, and take a stroll along its most animated street, the rue Montorgeuil, stopping along the way at favorite boutiques. Savor tasty artisan cheeses from across France in a traditional, local fromagerie. Then it’s time for a visit to the oldest (and possibly most beautiful) patisserie in Paris, founded by the baker to Queen Marie in 1730 - also the inventor of the ‘Baba au rhum’. Winners of several awards, including Best Chocolate Eclair, choose your favorite pastries to be savored later over lunch. The last stop is a traditional charcuterie, where you'll try speciality cured hams and meats.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Les Halles, 101 Porte Berger, 75001 Paris France
Your expert guide will also point out a centuries-old oyster house (the oysters were originally rushed to Paris by horse), as well as will highlight traditional butchers, fishmongers, and grocers as you wander along this fascinating street. For the cooks among you, particularly pastry lovers, don’t miss the wonderful suppliers of kitchenware and ingredients, including one of the oldest supply stores in Paris.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 75001 Paris, France
You can opt to end your tour at an award winning wine bar, where the days' discoveries collected will be paired with a flight of top-class French wines, served by a sommelier. Sample wines from three different regions, and discover and how to pair each wine with your food. Your gourmet tour concludes with a typical picnic-style lunch with wine.
Duration: 1 hour
• Picnic style French lunch - We'll buy food as we stop at the local producers. Your lunch will be made up of cheeses, charcuterie, salad, baguette, pastries and, of course, wine!
Departure Point :Étienne Marcel, 75001 Paris, France
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Jean Louis La Nuit, 66 Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 75001 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, we recommend you wear comfortable shoes
- The minimum drinking age in France is18 years. Participants uder 18 will not be served wine on the tour.
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A vegetarian option is available: please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.