Pay a visit to Budhanilkantha Temple in a way local people does
If you really want to get a feel of the pulse of the city, try local transportation like public buses, battery run three wheeler and enjoy this half day tour. This tour is specially designed for the travel lovers who wish to visit the particular destination in a way local people does.
Your tour starts as your guide picks you up from the hotel and takes you for a walk to nearest bus station to reach the sightseeing destination. Enjoy the local transportation as your guide narrates about the places seen from vehicle, about people’s day to day life.
Budhanilkantha, portrays a sleeping Vishnu, floating like a gigantic astronaut on a bed of snakes in the middle of a big pool of water depicting the cosmic ocean. The name Budhanilkantha has nothing to do with Buddha, but literally means “blue throat disguised by mud”.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking Tour Guide
- Transfer to the sightseeing spot in a public/ local vehicle
- Entrance fees as applicable
- Transportation fee
- Entry/Admission - Budhanilkantha/Narayanthan Temple
What's excluded :
- Any meals and drinks
- Private vehicle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Budhanilkantha/Narayanthan Temple, Golfutar Main Rd, Budhanilkantha 44600, Nepal
10:00 am or 1:00 pm: Pick up from Hotel
10:30 am or 1:30 pm: Take a walk to nearest bus station, 30 minutes’ drive to Budhanilkantha.
11:15 am or 2:15 pm: Enjoy the sightseeing
12:30 pm or 3:30 pm: Take a bus drive from Budhanilkantha to nearest bus station
Around 2:00 pm or 5:00 pm: Guide assists and drops you off at your hotel
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Thamel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up by guide only from hotels very near to Thamel, Lazimpat, Lainchaur, Maharajgunj
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Please don’t carry expensive things, jewelry or big cash while travelling in a local vehicle.
- Pick up by guide only from hotels very near to Thamel, Lazimpat, Lainchaur, Maharajgunj
- This tour is not luxury tour. You will get a chance to travel and visit a place in such a way like local people of Kathmandu do.
- Please be prepared for walking some times
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.