Pearling Path on your Trip to Muharraq
The “Pearling path: Testimony of an Island Economy” is the second cultural landmark in Bahrain inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The site was inscribed on the list in 2012, following the inscription of Qala’at Al-Bahrain in 2007.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Shaikh Isa bin Ali House
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Muharraq souq, Al Muharraq Bahrain
Al Qaisariya Souq One of the oldest parts of Muharraq market, Al Qaisariya Souq features a range of shops that sell a variety of products and trade goods ranging from pearls to spices and teas. Al Qaisariya Souq is part of the Pearl path “Pearling, Testimony to an Island Economy” - UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Shaikh Isa bin Ali House, Shaikh Abdulla Avenue, Al Muharraq Bahrain
Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House - Situated in Bahrain's second city Muharraq, the house was constructed by Shaikh Hassan Bin Abdulla Bin Ahmed Al-Fatih and was used by Shaikh Isa Bin Ali as his residence and center of Government from 1869 - 1932. The house consists of four main sections: the family wing, the Shaikh's wing, the Guest's wing and the attendant's wing. The house is designed in traditional style where the rooms are directly overlooking an open courtyard, with a wind tower, a feature of the traditional architecture in the Arabian Gulf region. The house represents the 19th century construction style in which local building materials were used. Such materials included coral stone, mortar and palm tree trunks. The windows are decorated in ventilated gypsum geometrical designs for which Bahrain was well known.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Al Muharraq, Al Muharraq
Kurar House The focus of the prettiest house of the bunch – and our personal favourite – is the age-old craft of embroidering traditional thobes with gold thread. Downstairs, there’s a leafy courtyard surrounded by rooms displaying handmade garments, while upstairs you can watch women wielding needle and thread.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Al Muharraq, Al Muharraq
Siyadi House The house of Ahmed bin Jasim Siyadi, a former well-known pearl merchant in the 19th century, is a beautiful example of a historic style building that Muharraq is known for. Its three story façade features uniquely curved corners and beautiful stucco work. The house is part of a larger complex of buildings that contain a mosque and majlis. The house is included in the “Pearling: Testimony of an Island Economy” project and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bahrain Intl Airport, Bahrain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.