Peñas Blancas and Bosawas
This big rocky mountain range is placed among La Dalia, Rancho Grande (Matagalpa) towns and El Cuá town (Jinotega), in the north of the country. Peñas Blancas is one of the 6 protected areas which form the Biosphere Reserve Bosawás, one of the key elements in the Mesoamerican biological corridor. It takes up the 14% of national territory, it has 20000 km2 of tropical and cloud forest and it hosts the 3,5% of world biodiversity, among which a lot of species in danger of extinction, such as jaguar and puma.
Among its population, we can find the Mayagna and Miskita indigenous people, that have been living in harmony with nature for centuries and have been fighting for the conservation of the forest.
Nowadays these communities are strongly threatened by the indiscriminate deforestation, the illegal land appropriation and the quick growing of the agriculture border.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Specialized guide.
- 2 nights in Bosawás.
- Food inside the reserve.
- All the activities in Bosawás
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Extra activities
- Day 1
• 6.30 a.m. leaving from León to El Chile indigenous community (Matagalpa).
• 9,30 a.m., visiting “Telares de Nicaragua”, traditional looms managed by El Chile women cooperative.
• 10,30 a.m., walk around the community up to El Chile ill and its top (easy level, 2 hours approximately).
• 1 p.m., typical lunch in one of women cooperative member’s house.
• 3 p.m., leaving from El Chile to Bosawás Reserve and arrival around 5.
• Welcome in the Nature interpretation centre (CEN) and projects presentations.
Visiting the Reserve: 5 paths of different levels and duration; rappelling; bird watching and above all enjoying the great fauna and flora bio-diversity
Back to León. Leaving from Bosawás around 8 a.m.
Departure Point :León
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.