Pedal Taiwan - 12 Day Discover Taiwan Road Bike Tour
The 12-day, 781km Pedal Taiwan road cycling tour offers a unique opportunity to ride stunning and challenging routes, in one of the most beautiful corners of the world. With its imposing mountain ranges (Jade Mountain stands at nearly 4000m), rolling paddy fields, gorgeous ocean roads, ultra-modern cycle lanes and world-famous cuisine, Taiwan provides the perfect blend of safety, comfort and adventure to make it an ideal location to explore by bike.
The price of the tour includes 13 nights accommodation, breakfast and lunch, local guide/ride leader, support vehicle, and internal transport. With a vastly experienced guide and a support vehicle with you at all times, you can simply relax and enjoy the ride, as well as savour the delights Taiwan has to offer – think night markets, national parks, temples, waterfalls, natural hot springs and so much more!
per adult from
What's included :
- 13 nights accommodation
- Local Guide and Ride Leader
- Support Vehicle and Crew
- Internal Transport
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Bike hire is not included in the cost of the trip, however, if you do not wish to bring your own bike, Giant TCR Road Bikes are available for hire for an additional £300.
- Singles are more than welcome on our trips, however, if you are unwilling to share a twin room with another single (same sex) participant then a single room supplement of £400 will apply.
- Starting in the capital, Taipei, you’ll head east through the lush hills surrounding Taiwan’s capital, finding natural hot springs, waterfalls and hidden mountain communities along the way. You then hit the coast, where the East China Sea meets the Pacific, and from here hug the rugged coastline until we begin one of South East Asia’s most beautiful and challenging climbs, high into Taiwan’s central mountains.
But what goes up must come down, so after reaching the peak you’ll enjoy the once in a lifetime opportunity to glide more than 3000 vertical metres down through the iconic marble cliffs of Taroko Gorge, before a rest day exploring the food markets in the culinary capital of Taiwan - Hualien.
Back on the bike, you’ll meander through miles of ancient paddy fields and farming villages in Taiwan’s Rift Valley, before rejoining the undulating coastal road and following it all the way to Taiwan’s southernmost tip, Kenting. A surfing hot spot, grab a board or simply chill on the beach with an ice cold beer.
To wrap things up, you’ll complete your circuit of Taiwan by taking the High Speed Rail – with a top speed of 300km/h – back up the west coast to Taipei. After a day of seeing the sights, enjoy a memorable hot pot dinner in one of Taipei’s best-loved local restaurants to conclude the tour.
With everything taken care of by our experienced local guide and English support crew, all you have to do is keep calm, and pedal on!
Departure Point :Taipei City
Departure Time :March 26th, 9am.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The 12 Day Pedal Taiwan cycling tour is achievable for cyclists of all ages, however, participants will need to ride an average of 70km per day, and as such, should have a reasonable experience of road bike riding.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.