Peloponnese Highlights: Corinth Canal, Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplio, and Epidaurus
Private luxury tour combining the major Peloponnese Highlights as you journey through the olive fields, orchards & Aegean views in the comfort of one of our new Mercedes models with free WiFi & bottled water in the company of a highly experienced & knowledgeable Tour driver.
Visit the engineering marvel of the Corinth Canal, walk the very streets of Ancient Corinth and test the famous acoustics of the great theatre of Epidaurus. Step into the 3000-year-old tombs of Mycenae & palace of Agamemnon, leader of the Greeks in the Trojan war. Visit the beautiful port city of Nafplio steeped in Byzantine history with its castles & explore its local craft shops, boutiques & cafes.
Exclusive to your group alone this comprehensive and 'go at your own pace' tour will provide you with one of the most outstanding experiences of your visit and is suitable for small groups, couples, families & all ages. Choose the hassle-free lunch option & your reserved table will be waiting at the sea's edge.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour 100% exclusive to your group
- Professional English speaking experienced Tour driver throughout the day
- Flexible pick up time on request
- Athens Hotel, Residence or Cruise ship pickup & return
- First class transport: Mercedes EClass Sedan; Minivan or Sprinter
- All vehicles with WiFi, A/C, Chilled Bottled Water
What's excluded :
- Licenced guide for guiding in archeological sites available on request
- Food and drinks unless specified
- Athens Airport transfers or pickup locations outside Athens: arranged on request with extra cost
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site Mycenae
- Entry/Admission - The Great Theatre of Epidaurus
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
Short stop to see this amazing work of engineering & learn about its place in history & many historic events
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos), Ancient Korinthos village, Corinth Greece
After leaving Athens our first main stop in the Peloponnese explores the beautifully preserved remains of Ancient Corinth, one of Greece’s most powerful and influential city states of Antiquity. Stroll through the streets, temples, markets, and fountains in the footsteps of the Classical Greeks, Ancient Romans & St. Paul before you. Refreshments & rest stops are also on hand at the local Cafes at its entrance if needed.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Archaeological Site Mycenae, Mycenae 21200 Greece
Next we come to the imposing remains of Ancient Mycenae, one of the most important sites in the development of Ancient Greece. Home to the citadel of the legendary Agamemnon, leader of the Greeks during the Trojan War. The ‘Mycenaean period,’ from 1600 to 1100 BC, references this ancient city, indicating its importance in Greek civilization. Pass through the 20-foot-wide city walls, enter the Lion’s Gate to Agamemnon’s throne room, and explore the very buildings of his palace. You will also have a short sopt nearby for the awe inspiring treasury of Atreus and ample time to visit the modern on-site museum housing the many precious artefacts uncovered from the site.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Nafplio, Nafplio, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
A wonderful stop at this Venetian seaside town to have lunch with a view to Bourtzi Castle in the Bay & the imposing Palamidi Castle sitting above. Full of craft shops to explore & other local sites.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sanctuary of Asklepios, Epidavros 210 52 Greece
The ruins of the Ancient Sanctuary of Asklepios form a part of the same site of the Ancient Theatre.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Great Theatre of Epidaurus, Ethniki Odos Isthmou Archaias Epidavrou, Epidavros 210 52 Greece
Our next stop is at the UNESCO-listed Sanctuary of Asklepios, first healing centre of the Ancient World. You will also see the impressive Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the most visited ancient sites in Greece. The temple and theatre date from the 4th century and feature masterpieces of classical Greek architecture. Join the other visitors who test its world famous acoustics with a poem or a song before your return !
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
o Pick up time flexible on request. We suggest 07:30 but if a later time is preferred we will start according to your needso For Airport pickup and locations outside of Athens there may be a supplement. We will advise on booking.o For Airbnb's please provide the exact addresso If you have luggage please provide details of quantity so we may provide the appropriate vehicleAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Athens Cruise ship Port
- Athens, Piraeus Port
- Nafplion 1841, I. Kapodistriou 9, Nafplio 211 00, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- FAMILY FRIENDLY. For family groups our tours arre specially tuned for the needs of young group members, with more Mythological commentary & a book presentation to keep
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- LUNCH INCLUDED TOUR OPTION: If booking with our lunch option please advise of any allergies or associated problems & preferences. Alcoholic drinks are not included.
- GUIDING/LICENCED GUIDES: Please note your knowledgeable tour driver can inform you en-route but can not enter Archaeological sites. We provide Expert Licenced Guides at extra cost on request. Please email the address listed in this case and we will confirm accordingly
- LUNCH OPTION: If choosing this option, please inform us of any allergies or related conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our Health & Safety Measures: All our Tours are private so you will never mix with another group. Our vehicles are thoroughly cleaned after each tour, equipped with face-masks, hand sanitizer, & seats next to your driver remain free.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.