live close to nature and adventure.the Peninsula Valdes is a place where you can explore your senses and live an unforgettable experience. Let's get to know a wonderful place together.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- bilingual guides
What's excluded :
- entrance to the park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centro De Visitantes Istmo Ameghino, Ruta Provincial 2, Puerto Madryn Argentina
Carlos Ameghino Isthmus which is a narrow strip of land that unites the Peninsula with the mainland. The first stop we make is at the "Carlos Ameghino Interpretation Center", which provides information on the ecosystem of the Peninsula, the species of marine fauna that are concentrated in large roosts throughout the Peninsula, the flora and history of the region. You can see the complete skeletons of a whale, different species of animals and the history of the inhabitants of the Peninsula, indigenous and Spanish. The center has a viewpoint, which can be accessed to appreciate with binoculars the narrowest sector of the Carlos Ameghino isthmus bathed to the right by the waters of the New Gulf and to the left side by the waters of the San José Gulf. You can also see the Isla de los Pájaros which is located about 5 km from this place on the San José Gulf. The island is an important rookery for marine birds in conservation.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Puerto Piramides, Puerto Piramides, Province of Chubut, Patagonia
In the village we make a stop of approximately 3 hours to embark on the unforgettable experience of navigating the waters of the New Gulf, if we choose this option, or simply enjoy the charms of the place.
The navigations are carried out in vessels of various capacities, from 5 to 70 passengers, and last approximately between one and two hours.
• From June to December the sightings of the Southern Right Whale are made, named in this way for being an animal characterized by its gentleness, its slowness and its curiosity, so that they can get close to incredible distances, allowing us to observe their skin so characteristic for being covered in calluses. Occasionally they pass underneath the boat, make some sound and hopefully offer us the wonderful sight of spotting a jump or at least a flapping of the tail.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Peninsula Valdes, Puerto Madryn Argentina
Between the months of May and November we will take the southern path passing through Salina Grande and Salina Chica, they are the most important depressions in South America. Depending on the time and the cloudiness, they appear before our eyes with a pink coloration, due to their physical-chemical composition and the incidence of sunlight.
Heading towards the southeast end of the Peninsula, we will pass by the nearby Punta Delgada, which is an old naval settlement, where the lighthouse dating from 1905 is located.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Caleta Valdes, Puerto Piramides Argentina
Punta Cantor, where we can see some elephant seals.
After a few kilometers we arrive at Caleta Valdés, an exceptional attraction being the geological formation of the language of the cove, a thin strip of land that encloses a portion of the sea connected through a small mouth to the surrounding sea, its calm waters and beaches of the cove naturally isolated by high and steep cliffs constitute an unbeatable environment for sea elephants.
From a viewpoint we can contemplate the place and closely observe the elephant seals.
The cove also houses a small colony of Magellanic Penguins.
In the paths that we will travel we will be able to observe the terrestrial fauna such as, Maras, Guanacos, Zorros and Choiques among others.
at the beginning of November the tour will be through the north of the peninsula, having greater chances of seeing Orcas in Punta Norte and Caleta Valdes.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Punta Norte, Argentina
one-hair elephant and sea lion rookery. At high tide it is possible to spot killer whales in the months of February, March and April, when they feed on the pups of sea lions. It has a wildlife guard post, baths, interpretation center and a small cafeteria.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You must be ready within 30 minutes of collection at the defined pick up point
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by DIAGUES SRL