Penjamo River, Hot Springs, and Mud Bath Adventure by Rincon de la Vieja from Tamarindo
Experience the natural splendor of the Rincon de Vieja on this 9-hour excursion from Tamarindo. Depart for the rain forest flanking Rincon de la Vieja volcano, where you you’ll find a rushing turquoise river, towering waterfalls, natural mineral springs, and melodious birds. In the morning, take a guided hike along the river for a swim in the pool beneath the waterfall. After lunch, indulge in a dip in four different hot springs pools, including one with a bullet water slide, before returning to your hotel at the end of the day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fixed lunch
- All activities
- Bilingual guide - English and Spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Locker & change-room
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Tiki Bar & Restaurant)
- Food and beverages, beyond what is included
- Spa Treatments
- Sun block, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
- At 7am, you'll be picked from your Tamarindo hotel by a bilingual guide for transportation to a lush rain forest only found on the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano. On arrival at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, enjoy a welcome cocktail at the Spa and change clothing in preparation for your first adventure.
Depart for a short drive to the private, Blue River Park for dips in the Grand Waterfall. Then, hike along forest trails and along creeks and cascading waterfalls with opportunities for dips into mineral pools. Be amazed by the beauty, the tropical rainforest, and colorful birds. Then, descend toward the incomparable blue river, Rio Pénjamo.
When hunger strikes, stop for lunch at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs before choosing from a selection of wonderful activities during free time. Options include: swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 4 of them, unique large natural mineral "green" hot springs; and, 1 fresh water pool with a bullet water slide; walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caimon Lake and Bird Lake; experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho; take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens; or, see the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees Centigrade.
At around 4pm, your tour returns to your Tamarindo or La Cruz accommodation.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Tamarindo
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Bring comfortable clothing, insect repellent & hiking shoes (for the tour), bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket & extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on route.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (along paths created in forest and down dirt stairs)
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.