Pere Lachaise Cemetery Guided Walking Tour - Private Tour
Prepare for a truly surprising discovery on our 2.5 hour private guided walking tour through the Père Lachaise Cemetery, home to famous Paris residents like Jim Morison. This walking tour will explore the famous graves of this eastern Paris landmark. Good walking shoes are recommended.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- PRIVATE WALKING TOUR (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- TOUR GUIDE EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOU (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- DURATION 2 - 2.5 HOURS
- TOUR WILL RUN, RAIN OR SHINE
What's excluded :
- Tour Price Does NOT Include Hotel Pickup or Drop-Off (We Recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour Does NOT Include Gratuities (OPTIONAL)
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pere-Lachaise, Pere-Lachaise, Paris, Ile-de-France
Join us for a Private Tour led by native/ fluent English speakers of the Père Lachaise Cemetery.
Life, love and death have never had so much meaning as inside this cemetery. Its intriguing labyrinth of roads and dirt paths between the graves reveal a new perspective on how to visit Paris. You'll visit the graves of Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, Frederic Chopin, Sarah Bernhardt, Marcel Marceau, Molière, Abelard & Heloïse, just to name a few. As well as the Holocaust Memorials. Learn about the artists, writers, politicians, and other remarkable personalities that are buried within the beautiful stone walls of Père Lachaise, and listen as your guide tells you about the remarkable stories and moments in history that have taken place at the cemetery itself. From a gruesome battle in Paris’s communist uprising to the hordes of Jim Morrison fans that make pilgrimages to visit the tomb of the Doors front man, Père Lachaise has seen its fair share of Parisian history.
“Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one’s head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.” – Oscar Wilde, The Canterville Ghost
“Time to live, time to lie, time to laugh, and time to die. Take it easy baby. Take it as it comes.” ― Jim Morrison
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Paris, 75001 Paris France
You’ve seen it in the movies, but what do you really know about Paris? We’ll share its stories, secrets, and scandals with you while exploring all of the places you won’t find on your own. Wander the streets and museums of the world’s most popular city on a small group or private tour of Paris. Our English speaking guides at Babylon Tours get you priority entrance and help you skip the lines at the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay. Go beyond the Eiffel Tower and experience Paris with Babylon Tours.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Roquette - Père Lachaise, 75011 Paris, France
Return Detail :Père-Lachaise, 75020 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Notes: The tour route may be affected by national celebrations. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an alternative route still being able to see all the highlights on the tour. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. No large bags or suitcases are allowed during this tour. We recommend comfortable shoes, a bottle of water, umbrella in case of rain and hat during summer. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some can’t be visited from the inside.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Because face masks are optional in Paris when outdoors & are still not obligatory under in the French law. For private tours we have left this option up to the guests & guides at their own discretion. Guides will have face masks for themselves and guests available and we encourage them to be used.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.