Pere Lachaise Cemetery Walking Tour in Paris
The most surprising open-air museum in Paris, aka the Pere Lachaise Cemetery, is home to 70,000 graves and 5,300 trees in 44 hectares of landscaped beauty. Your expert guide will lead a small group (15 guests maximum) down the cobbled paths of this enchanted hill, world-renowned for its funerary art and as the final resting place for many great men and women from the world of art, music, literature and history. The necro-romantic safari, a tradition for generations of Parisians, is certified by the Paris Visitors Bureau and takes you on a trip with the time machine where the great celebrities of the past come alive. See the picturesque tombs of Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, Jim Morrison, Molière, Chopin, Isadora Duncan, Gertrude Stein, Héloise and Abélard and many many others. Your licensed guide will provide a narrative of energy and passion, balancing humor with historical accuracy to share secrets and anecdotes about the legends of the past and present.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Our expert guide will meet you at the North Entrance of the Cemetery. We use this trick so that you will walk all the way down this high hill instead of climbing up from the below. Using special shortcuts to discover the most evocative landscapes and the unbeaten paths, we'll manage to visit a 44 hectares labyrinth in a couple of hours without missing any of the gravestones of important people buried here.
A small group will allow you to customize your experience and to indulge into special requests.
Your tour concludes at Porte du Rèpos very close the Philippe Auguste (Line 2) and Pere Lachaise (Line 2 and 3) metro stops. If needed our guide will take you to a very close taxi stand.
Departure Point :56 Rue des Rondeaux, 75020 Paris, France
Return Detail :Hotel Obododo, 28 Boulevard de Ménilmontant, 75020 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for people with walking disabilities
- It is recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.