Pereira Full Day Bike Tour: Local Means of Transport Route
The Local Means of Transport Rout is the tour for those who are looking to live new experiences and learn about the culture, and customs of the coffee region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transport from Pereira by Willys Jeep (Traditional transport of the Coffee Region)
- We pick up and drop off the participants at the hotel or airport of Pereira.
- Hydration (a bottle of water)
- Transport by "Brujita" and "Garrucha"
- Mountain bike hire: 26”, 27,5” or 29” rim, made entirely of aluminium, Shimano® gears and front suspension.
- Safety helmet hire.
- Technical and safety instruction.
- Waterproof layer in case of rain.
- Digital photos of the activity.
- Insurance for adventure activities/medical assistance card.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) guide specialized in nature and adventure activities.
What's excluded :
- Air transportation to Pereira City.
- Expenses and services not specified in the plan.
- We will go by Jeep Willys to the start point, outside of Pereira. You will ride through coffee cultivations in the Andes Mountains and descend to one of the most important rivers in Colombia – the Cauca River.
You will then embark the “Brujita” – a unique transportation system that has a wooden platform and ball bearings that displace over the rails of the antique train track – an emotion-filled journey.
Next, take another native Colombian transportation system called “Garrucha” that is a basket made of metal and wood that hangs from steel cables which allows you to cross the Cauca River to reach the banks of a town named Belalcazar, Caldas. Rest and walk approximately 30 minutes to a series of waterfalls, the ideal place to swim in cool, pristine waters.
Departure Point :Centrally located hotels in Pereira or Pereira Airport
Departure Time :7:00am or 8:00am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear light, comfortable clothing (Dry-Fit or cotton t-shirt, shorts or waterproof trousers, and a light jacket if you think you might be bothered by some mild cold).
- Wear suitable shoes for cycling and/or walking (closed shoes such as sports shoes or boots; no sandals).
- Bring a small backpack.
- Other optional items to bring: a hat, sunglasses, sunblock, insect repellent.
- Avoid excessive drinking the day before.
- Avoid staying up too late the night before.
- Do not take or buy alcoholic beverages or hallucinogenic substances on the trip.
- Do not drop litter or take flora and fauna home.
- Follow the requests and recommendations of the guides who accompany you on the tour.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.