Perfect Escape from Busy Addis Ababa: Debre Libanos & Blue Nile Gorge excursions
This tour is combination of nature, culture and religious activities where guests are allowed to improvise the program based on their interests.
It includes amazing drive through the scenery of the countryside north of Addis Ababa, where several stops are allowed to have photographing time. The tour is an ideal escape from the busy Addis Ababa and spend a day wandering the nature and wildlife.
Visit the monastery which is always active for public and offers a nice museum where you ancient manuscripts and antiques are displayed. It offers an average hiking time that suits everybody involved. A day in this natural attraction is always a day well spent.
per adult from
300 to 420 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Debre Libanos Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Portuguese Bridge
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Debre Libanos Monastery, North West of Addis Ababa Seimien Shewa Zone of Oromia Region, Debre Libanos 1000 Ethiopia
This is one of the oldest monastery in Ethiopia established on the 14th century and is currently the most religious place nearby Addis Ababa. It's full of pilgrims from all around Ethiopia seeking cure from the challenges they are face. The church is full of amazing stair-glass paintings narrating stories from the Old and New Testaments. Guests can hike for about 20 Minutes to the holy water cave to see how the faithfuls treat themselves.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Portuguese Bridge, Near the Blue Nile Water Fall, Debre Libanos Ethiopia
The 16 century bridge is situated on a very nice cliff facing the Jemma River Gorge and offers spectacular views and the rocks below it houses the endemic Ethiopian Baboons. During rainy season ( June - September), the waterfall is breathtaking.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up guests anywhere they are and drop them off anywhere they wantAirports
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.