Personalities of Buenos Aires: The Lives of Evita and Borges
Buenos Aires has several people who became internationally famous, and a few who have become icons. In this tour you will learn about the life of two of the most influential people in the history of Argentina: Eva Duarte de Perón, former first lady of the Republic and an advocate on behalf the labor and women rights; and Jorge Luis Borges, writer, essayist, poet and translator, and a key figure in Spanish-language literature. This guided small group tour for up to 15 guest ensures personal service. Tour includes hotel pickup, entrance tickets to museums, and transport between locations visited during the excursion.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or coach
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Avenida 9 De Julio, Centro, Buenos Aires Argentina
After pickup from all hotels have finished, you will travel through the Avenida 9 de Julio and Recoleta neighborhoods and hear the story of Eva Peron´s life, in either an air-conditioned minivan or coach.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cemiterio de Recoleta, Junin 1760, Buenos Aires C1113 Argentina
After this introduction, arrive at the Recoleta cemetery and enjoy a 30-minute walking tour through the cemetery. The guided visit will lead us to the mausoleums of the main historic characters of the Argentine history such as Marcelo T. de Alvear, president from 1922 to 1928, and Raul Alfonsin, the first Argentine president democratically elected in 1983 following the military government. You will also see the mausoleum of Evita and her family.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Barrio Palermo, Buenos Aires Argentina
Next, you will discover the heart of Palermo that combines a bohemian atmosphere with the forefront of design and Palermo Hollywood that stands out for its film studios, television production companies and radios. In this neighborhood will be highlighted the life and work of the writer Jorge Luis Borges, where he spent his childhood and where wrote his most famous novels.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museo Evita, Calle Lafinur 2988 Intersecciòn Juan Marìa Gutièrrez, Buenos Aires C1425FAB Argentina
The tour finishes with a 30-minute visit of the Evita Museum, at which you will be able to gain a deeper understanding of the life and work of one of the most important women in Argentina.
Around 6 pm you will be dropped off at a central point in Downtown Buenos Aires.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the museums
- A minimum of 2 Adults per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.