Peterhof Tour: Grand Palace and Parks by high-speed boat
One of St. Petersburg's most famous and popular visitor attractions, the palace and park at Peterhof located in 30 km from St. Petersburg (also known as Petrodvorets). It is often referred to as "the Russian Versailles", although many visitors conclude that the comparison does a disservice to the grandeur and scope of this majestic estate.
Peterhof is a jewel of the Russian art, a town of parks, palaces and fountains. The Upper and the Lower Parks are the masterpieces of art of gardening numbering over 150 fountains. The Grand Cascade, which goes downhill from the palace towards the Baltic Sea, is one of the largest fountain ensembles in the world.
The tour is started and finished in the city centre. You will get the place in 45 min by hydrofoil (and the same way back).
- Meeting with your guide on the Palace Square
- Way to Peterhof (app. 45 min)
- Stroll in the Lower park (app. 90 min)
- Visit the Grand Palace (app. 90 min)
- Way back to the city centre.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tickets to the palace, park, and hydrofoil
- Entry/Admission - Park And Gardens of Peterhof
- Entry/Admission - Grand Peterhof Palace
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Park And Gardens of Peterhof, Razvodnaya st., 2, Peterhof, St. Petersburg Russia
The spectacular parkland at Peterhof is remarkable for the sheer variety of styles encompassed in its layout and features. Representing nearly two centuries of European aristocratic fashion executed to the highest standards, Peterhof is like an encyclopedia of park design through the age of empire. Particularly impressive is the fact that the master landscapers and garden designers who worked on the estate at Peterhof managed to overcome the extremely inclement conditions of the northern climate to create a wonderland of greenery and flowers, sweeping vistas and ornate architectural decorations.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Grand Peterhof Palace, Razvodnaya St., 2, Peterhof, St. Petersburg 198516 Russia
The Grand Palace at Peterhof was designed to be the centerpiece of Peter the Great's "Russian Versaille". Around 1720, the Tsar gave up on attempts to establish his court at Strelna, mainly because the boggy ground proved entirely unsuitable for the canals and fountains that he envisioned. Moving his attentions further west to Peterhof, the Tsar began to draw up his own plans for the grounds and palace. Work had already begun on a modest palace, designed by Jean-Baptiste Le Blond, in 1714, and that building was completed in 1721.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :Palace Square, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.