Peterhof: World's Biggest Fountain and Gardens Complex Private Tour by Hydrofoil
Spend half a day exploring the magnificent Peterhof Park and Fountains Complex - recognized as biggest in the world. With a dreamy seafront setting, grandiose palace, and beautifully manicured gardens boasting over 140 fountains, Peterhof is widely recognized as being the most spectacular imperial palace in St. Petersburg. Explore the enormous park, adorned with fountains, statues and pavilions, being the world's biggest Fountain's Complex, see the stunning Grand Palace and enjoy a hydrofoil cruise down the Neva River to consider the most beautiful architectural masterpieces of St. Petersburg from the water, a perspective most people will never see.
• Half-day private tour of the Peterhof Park and Fountains Complex
• Take a scenic hydrofoil ride
• Explore world’s largest system of fountains at the gorgeous Grand Cascade
• Relax in the beautiful Lower Park and Upper Gardens
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon reques
- Entrance fee to Peterhof Fountains Complex and Park
- Roundtrip hydrofoil tickets
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Park And Gardens of Peterhof
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Peterhof Grand Palace
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Park And Gardens of Peterhof, Razvodnaya st., 2, Peterhof, St. Petersburg Russia
Meet your knowledgeable guide at the hydrofoil pier, located behind the Winter Palace - in the very city centre, then board a high-speed hydrofoil for an exciting ride down the Neva River, seeing St Petersburg from a unique perspective as you coast along the southern shore of the Gulf of Finland.
As long as St.Petersburg was built as a seaport, the main and most beautiful buildings are located on the shores of Neva river, with facades to the river, so you will have an excellent opportunity to consider the most beautiful architectural masterpieces of St. Petersburg from the water, a perspective most people will never see. It is the best place which offers you an unobstructed view of the banks, for there are a number of remarkable sites to look at. The hydrofoil trip itself from St.Petersburg to Peterhov will take you only 45 minutes, which is three times faster than if you travel there by car and definitely more exciting!
The hydrofoil will take you to Peterhof - St. Petersburg’s amazing imperial estate and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, widely recognised as being the most spectacular imperial palace in St. Petersburg with its beautifully manicured gardens boasting over 140 fountains, being the world's biggest fountain complex.
After 200 years of serving as a grand summer residence of the emperors, Peterhof is inextricably connected with the Russian history. The seaside paradise was built, as a grandiose triumphal memorial glorifying the grandeur of Russia. When your boat docks at the mouth of the Sea Channel, enter Peterhof’s enormous park complex, including elaborate gardens filled with 18th-century fountains, statues, palaces and pavilions built upon the orders of Tsar Peter the Great. First, stroll through the estate’s Lower Park, which lies between the Grand Palace and the shore and boasts more than 140 fountains, each operated without pumps.
Stop at the impressive Grand Cascade with its golden statue of Samson holding open the jaws of a lion. Once you’ve seen all three cascades, including one with a chessboard design and another featuring Chinese dragons, you’ll understand why Peterhof is referred to as the “Russian Versailles.” From here, stroll through the Upper Garden, a typical French-style formal layout with five fountains, including one depicting Neptune – God of the Sea. Watch out for the whimsical creations designed to soak visitors, such as the umbrella fountain that sheds water whenever someone takes a seat underneath!
After your tour is over, take a hydrofoil ride back to St.Petersburg, admiring the beauty of the surroundings from the water. After reaching the hydrofoil pier in the centre of St.Petersburg, say goodbye to your guide. You have the rest of the day free to explore more of St.Petersburg now.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :State Hermitage Museum, Palace Square, 2, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 190000
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Please note that this tour does not include a visit to the Peterhof Grand Palace to save more time for vast and unprecedented Fountain Complex and Park.
- Please note that hydrofoil to Peterhof is not operating in the off-season - from October until the end of April. In this case, transportation to and from Peterhof will be by car.
- The fountains operate from early May to early October. During the winter season the park is covered with snow and all fountains are kept under wooden boxes for their preservation.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.