Petralona Cave Tour.
if you want to see something different and also enrich your knowledge, this cave tour will excite you, as it is of anthropological and paleontological interest.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Petralona Cave
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Petralona Cave, Petralona 630 80 Greece
f you want to see something different and also enrich your knowledge, this cave tour will excite you, as it is of anthropological and paleontological interest.
The Cave Petralona with stalagmites and stalactites located in the western foothills of the mountain Katsika at an altitude of 300 meters of sea level. Detected in 1959 by the resident of Petralona and became world famous in 1960 when it was found the skull of ancient man. The systematic excavations of the cave began in 1965 by the founder of the Anthropological Association of Greece professor ”Aris Paulianos”.The investigations proved that the Arhanthropos is approximately 700,000 years old ,which makes him the oldest European.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.