Pharping, Dakshinkali, Taudhaha Lake and Chobar Day Tour with Lunch
Pharping,19 km south of Kathmandu in Nepal, is known as the sacred site of Yangleshö, famous for both Hinduism and Buddhism where Guru Padmasambhava (Guru Rimpoche, known as lotus born God who spread Tibetan Buddhism in Tibeat) attained the level of Mahamudra vidyadhara. Other important religious sites are Vajrayogini temple, Shesnarayan temple, Gorakhnath temple and self-arising Ganesh near Asura Cave. Further south lays Dakshinkali temple, the temple dedicated to Goddess Kali. Devotees sacrifice chickens, goats, sheep and many more as an offering to the goddess. Dakshinkali is famous as a blood thirsty incarnation of goddess Parvati, consort of Shiva. It is believed that Buddhist deity Manjushree cut out the hill at Chobhar and drained away the waters to establish a habitable land making a underground Palace at Taudaha Lake for all creatures including serpents to live there. It is the perfect place to have a peaceful time.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Guide Fees
- Entry/Admission - Pharping
- Entry/Admission - Dakshinkali Temple
What's excluded :
- Extra monuments fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pharping, Trishakti Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
At 10:30 am, your expert Guide for this tour will pick you up from your Hotel’s Lobby and drive for Pharping. By 11:30 am, you will reach Pharping and start sightseeing of Asura Cave, self-arising Ganesh, Vajrayogini temple, Shesnarayan temple, Gorakhnath temple.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Dakshinkali Temple, 20km (12mi) From Kathmandu, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Lunch Break at 01:30 pm and continue sightseeing of Dakshinkali Temple.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Taudaha Lake, Kirtipur 44600, Nepal
While returning to Kathmandu from Pharphing, visit the breathtaking Taudha and enjoy some Lake view with photography.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chobhar, Kirtipur 44600, Nepal
At 3:30 pm, drive back to Kathmandu. Visit Chobar George while returning back to Kathmandu and guides drop you off at your Hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Customers Hotel within Kathmandu city
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please note that the bloody river and temple of Goddess Dakshinkali may be distressing to some visitors
- Most travelers can participate
- We offer pick and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city ring road. For hotels outside ring road you need to pay additional charge.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.