Philadelphia Small-Group Holiday Tour
Soak up the festive energy that infuses Philadelphia’s city streets, shopping districts and parks during the holiday season. You’ll revel in the celebratory atmosphere on this 3-hour walking tour of downtown, aka Center City. Listen to a performance by one of the largest organs in the world, explore vibrant Reading Terminal Market and Rittenhouse Square, see a holiday show via a skyscraper’s LED-screen, and enjoy free time at Love Park’s annual outdoor Christmas village. Numbers are limited to 12 for a small-group experience with an informative guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small-group walking tour
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Philadelphia Urban Adventures
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: City Hall Visitor Center, 1 Penn Square Room 121, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Meet your guide at City Hall, the cultural and geographic heart of central Philadelphia, and begin your holiday walking tour of downtown, also known as Center City.
Pass By: Dilworth Park, 1 S 15th St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
At nearby Dilworth Park, watch ice skaters glide against the backdrop of City Hall.
Pass By: Reading Terminal Market, 12th and Arch, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Continue on to the Reading Terminal, a US National Historic Landmark. Downstairs, explore the dynamic Reading Terminal Market, where you can grab a bite to eat (own expense) and smell the aromas of cuisines from around the world. Here, admire an impressive model train set displayed for the holiday season.
Pass By: Wanamaker Organ, 1300 Market St Macys, Philadelphia, PA 19107-3742
Head east to the Wanamaker Building, which hosts a seasonal light and sound show featuring one of the world's largest pipe organs. After the concert, follow your guide to one of Philly's biggest shopping and restaurant districts. Snap photos of the eye-catching window displays as you stroll the neighborhood buzzing with holiday shoppers.
Pass By: Rittenhouse Square, 18th and Walnut Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Your Philadelphia city tour continues to Rittenhouse Square to see the towering Christmas tree and view the church where a favorite Christmas carol was written and first performed.
Pass By: Comcast Experience, 1701 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19103-2670
Then, you’re treated to a holiday show spectacular from the massive LED TV screen inside the Comcast Center.
Pass By: Love Park, John F. Kennedy Blvd and North 15th St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Your tour concludes at Love Park, where you can experience one of Philly's fastest-growing traditions. Visit a traditional outdoor Christmas village, and enjoy the winter wonderland as you bask in the holiday spirit. You may be tempted by the numerous street food vendors, or continue shopping and exploring the city on your own.
Pass By: Logan Circle, Benjamin Franklin Parkway at 19th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
From here, walk toward Ben Franklin Parkway with views of Logan Square
Pass By: Sister Cities Park, 18th Street & the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Views of Sister Cities Park
Pass By: Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul, 18th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103-1204
See the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul—a Christmas destination for many Catholics in the Philadelphia area.
Stop At: Philadelphia Urban Adventures, 229 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19106-1974
You'll be guided by one of our fantastic guides
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1400 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Return Detail :Philadelphia, PA, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended
- There are times when certain sites close and we can't visit. We will attempt to give you this information at the start of the tour where possible. Please note that the Christmas village will be closed the week of December 26 to December 31.
- Maximum group size is 12, but we can add another guide if the group exceeds this number.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.