Phillip Island Penguin Highlights Day-Trip from Melbourne
Take in the spectacular Phillip Island Penguin Parade as you watch the colony of Little Penguins cross the shoreline from the ocean. Heading out to Penguin Parade, we begin our day at a Koala Reserve to meet some furry Australian favourites. Take a guided ranger tour and get up-close and personal with our native Australian wildlife. Travel to Phillip Island Nature Parks, known for its natural beauty, sandy beaches, rugged cliffs and unique wildlife experiences. The island is home to a colony of around 32,000 little penguins. Phillip Island Tour is one of the popular and must watch tourist attractions in Victoria.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Admission to Phillip Island Nature Park with Penguin Parade (general viewing)
- Admission to Phillip Island Koala Reserve with guided ranger tour
- On-board wifi and water refill station
- Audio translation app available in 10 different languages
- Comprehensive live commentary in a fun and social atmosphere
- Experienced local driver guide to assist you throughout the day
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Koala Reserve
- Entry/Admission - The Nobbies Centre
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
What's excluded :
- Any meals not indicated
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Koala Reserve, 1810 Phillip Island Tourist Road, Cowes, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
It is only a 1hr 45min drive from Melbourne directly to Phillip Island. On arrival you will be greeted by Phillip Island Nature Parks Ranger for a guided walk through Phillip Island’s Koala Reserve. You will be given a presentation about Koalas, history and relevance of the Reserve and the last area of natural woodland on the island. Guide to accompany the group and assist Ranger with the group.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Phillip Island, Phillip Island, Victoria
From the Koala Wildlife Park, it is a short drive to Phillip Island, a 10,000-hectare home to more than a hundred varieties of animal species. Phillip Island boasts a population of approximately 15,000 which is boosted during the busy tourist seasons. There are three main settlements being Cape Woolamai, New Haven & Cowes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Cape Woolamai, Cape Woolamai, Phillip Island, Victoria
Phillip Island boasts a population of approximately 15,000 which is boosted during the busy tourist seasons. There are three main settlements being Cape Woolamai, New Haven & Cowes.
Stop At: Cowes, Cowes, Phillip Island, Victoria
Generally, we make time to wander through the coastal township of Cowes. Sheltered alongside the calm Westernport Bay this township was named after Cowes on the Isle of White. Beautiful seaside scenery, unique stores to peak into and many nice restaurants to purchase food.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Nobbies Centre, 1320 Ventnor Rd, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Next, we arrive at the Nobbies Rocks where we take you on an optional guided walk down the boardwalks to see the rocky coast and spot Penguins nesting in their burrows. Then we travel along the Phillip Island backroads through Phillip Island Penguin Habitat. Enjoy incredible views of the coastal cliffs on your way to the Phillip Island Penguin Parade.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd Summerlannds Estate, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
The main attraction of Phillip Island tour has always been the Little Penguins doing their daily ritual of penguin parade. These little friends are the smallest of its kind in the world. Enjoy sunset at the Visitor Information Centre and choose the right seat to have a great view of the main spectacles of the day — the Penguin Parade!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Immigration Museum, 400 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
2: Phillip Island Nature Parks, 1019 Ventnor Rd, Summerlands VIC 3922, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No photography or filming is permitted at the Penguin Parade. Penguins have sensitive eyes and a bright, sudden flash or unusual light can frighten or disorientate a penguin.
- Child fare prices apply from 0 to 12 years old. Infants aged 0 to 4 are not permitted to travel on adult laps and must be safely restrained within a child protective seat. Infant protective seats are free of charge and must be requested at time of booking.
- Children 17 years old and under must be accompanied by a legal guardian or adult.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (it can get cold)
- Our vehicles are not wheelchair, prams or child stroller accessible please refrain from bring on tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitation. It is mandatory that all guests complete the Declaration of Health and Travel History and reconfirm their tour 48 hours prior to departure.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.