Phillip Island Penguin Parade and George Bass Coastal Walk
See some of the best-secluded beaches and panoramas on Gippsland's coast as you journey to see Phillip Island's famous penguins on this premium small-group guided tour (7 people max).
Following a relaxed 90 minute drive from Melbourne we will traverse the clifftop path high above the Bass Strait surf on a 4km hike along the George Bass Coastal Walk (we think the photo opportunities will be a highlight of your trip!)
After this we will journey across the Phillip Island bridge stopping at the fishing village of San Remo before heading to the Nobbies where you will have the chance to see Australia's largest colony of seals, wallabies, Cape Barren Geese and Echidnas as you stroll the boardwalks.
We then drive a short distance around the Summerland Peninsula for dining and souvenir opportunities at the new penguin visitor centre before sunset and the amazing fairy penguin parade (entrance included) Also included is a drop home at any city centre, South Yarra or St Kilda location.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - George Bass Coastal Walk
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tooradin Jetty, Foreshore rd, Tooradin, Victoria Australia
Coffee, Tea and toilet break
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: George Bass Coastal Walk, Punchbowl Road, San Remo, Victoria 3925 Australia
Arrive at San Remo and begin our return walk along the clifftop path high above the Bass Strait surf and beautiful secluded beaches below. Follow the route of George Bass’ coastal discovery voyage over 200 years ago as we undertake a 1.5 hour return trip walking a section of the spectacular trail. Keep an eye out for migrating whales during winter.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: San Remo, San Remo, Gippsland, Victoria
Short stop to take in the Phillip Island Bridge and San Remo fishing fleet.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Nobbies Centre, 1320 Ventnor Rd, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Crossing the bridge to Phillip Island itself, journey to the Nobbies for an easy stroll taking in the breathtaking views at Australia’s largest seal colony.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd Summerlannds Estate, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Visit the newly opened visitor centre and enjoy shopping and dining in the architecturally designed building which features a cafe and restaurant. Just after dark the world’s smallest penguins parade ashore after spending the day fishing at sea. You’ll be mesmerised as the little stars emerge from the ocean and pass right before your eyes on their journey back to their homes.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :100 St Kilda Rd, Southbank VIC 3006, Australia
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Melbourne VIC, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.