Phillip Island Penguin Parade Express Tour from Melbourne
In just one extraordinary day, experience two of Victoria’s top wildlife attractions: the Nobbies and Seal Rocks, with Australia's largest colony of fur seals; and the nightly Penguin Parade, where little penguins pop out of the water and waddle across the beach to their burrows.
At the Nobbies and Seal Rocks, the clifftop boardwalk opens up breathtaking views of Phillip Island’s wild south coast, and there are further lookout points among natural sea bird gardens which have spectacular flowering displays in spring.
Then witness Victoria’s largest colony of little penguins in the nightly Penguin Parade. As dusk falls, hundreds of little penguins splash out of the water on to the beach, making their way to their burrows. They feed at sea, and return to their burrows to mate, care for their young and to moult.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- WiFi on board
- Park Entry Fees
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup from selected hotels
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Nobbies, 1320 Ventnor Rd, Phillip Island, Victoria Australia
Views of Phillip Island's rugged south coast and home to Australia's largest fur seal colony.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd Summerlannds Estate, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
World famous Penguin Parade. Enjoy the brand new visitors centre and learn about the daily lives of the Little Penguins. Take a stroll along the paths and boardwalks trying to spot a Penguin who may have stayed behind from the days fishing and is snuggled up in their burrow. As dusk falls, watch as bands of Penguins come ashore and waddle up Summerland Beach.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is only available from the list of hotels provided upon checkout or from the Immigration Museum (400 Flinders Street).Your pickup will be between 1:30pm-1:45pm (Apr-Sep) or 2:30pm-2:45pm (Oct-Mar) depending on which hotel you selected. Your exact meeting time will be provided after a booking is placed.This tour returns to Melbourne at approximately 9pm-midnight depending on the season.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Photography and video are NOT PERMITTED at the Penguin Parade
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack weighing no more than 11lbs ( 5 kg)
- If travelling with an infant, please contact Tour Operator directly and request infant seat
- Penguins Plus & Underground Viewing are on request. Once you have placed a booking, the Tour Operator will contact you in the event your chosen upgrade is not available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We have been closely monitoring recommendations from the Australian Government & World Health Organisation (WHO) & based on their advice we have enhanced our cleaning procedures and implemented precautionary measures to ensure the highest levels of safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.