Phong Nha National Park - Phong Nha Cave and Dark Cave Tour
Get an exclusive tour of Phong Nha cave - the underwater river cave and Dark Cave - the adventure cave. Immerse yourself into the heart of the Phong Nha – Ke bang National Park’s core zone. Zip line over a turquoise river, swimming, kayaking, challenge yourself on adventure courses, sink into the mud bath, explore the cave in the dark, admire the magnificent crystal stalactites and venture into the cave via traditional dragon boat!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Equiment (mining helmet w/flashlight, life jacket, harness)
- Dragonboat ride
- Insurance: our company provides personal insurance during the tour. Cave operators provide personal insurance on any activity occurring inside the cave.
What's excluded :
- 10% VAT charge if you require an invoice
- 50,000 VND deposit for locker, refunded upon return of the key.
- 07:45- 08:00: Our car and tour guide will pick up guests at their hotel in Dong Hoi. From there, you will be taken to the Dark cave (located in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park). -OR - 8:45-9:00: Our driver will pick you up at your hotel in Phong Nha village, then transfer you to Dark Cave (located in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park).
Participate in the many adventure activities: zip line, mudbath, kayak, swimming, etc. (65 km from the city, about a 60 minute drive).
Activities: Muddy bath, ziplining, swimming, kayaking, adventure course, caving etc.
12:30: Lunch at local restaurant in Phong Nha village. Here you will enjoy a traditional vietnamese dish. Vegetarian option available. Please contact us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions and we will do our best to accommodate you.
13:30 Depart for your exploration of the most impressive Phong Nha caves. You will then take a 25 minute ride to the cave via traditional dragonboat. This cave is called a water cave as it boasts an underground river. After going into the cave by boat, you will explore 300 meters into the cave on foot. Then, you will be taken back by boat. This cave is famous for its spectacular rock formations. It has been given names such as the “Lion”, the “Fairy Caves”, the “Royal Court”, and the “Buddha”...
16:15 Back to Phong Nha Village or Dong Hoi at 17:00. Tour ends when you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Dong Hoi hotels or train stationPhong Nha village hotels
From Dong Hoi hotels or train station: 07:45amFrom Phong Nha hotels 08: 45amFrom Phong Nha hotels - 08:55am
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Dong Hoi hotels or train station
Phong Nha village hotels
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- WEIGHT RESTRICTION: to use the zipline, you must be between 40 and 90 kg. No exceptions. If you do not meet the criteria, you may take a kayak to the mouth of the cave instead.
- HEIGHT RESTRICTION: Children are not advised to enter the mud bath portion of the Dark cave as it is deep and difficult to maneuver. Minimum required height of 1m to enter the mudbath; although we do not recommend children under 1.3m to enter.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Zipline not recommended for pregnant women
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- ****Please be sure to bring swimwear and a towel. Lockers for your belongings will be provided at the Dark cave with a 50,000 deposit which will be refunded upon the return of the locker key.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.