Piazza Navona underground: Stadium of Domitian
Choose your date and discover the Piazza Navona underground. The admission ticket is valid for the selected date only but can be used at any time. The ruins of the Stadium of Domitian (Unesco World Heritage Site) in Piazza Navona are located about 4.50 meters below street level. The archaeological site is all that remains of the first and only example of a masonry stadium up to now known in Rome. Audioguide, even for children, panels and 3D video show the history of sport and sports practices from ancient Greece to Imperial Rome, with particular attention to the history of the stadium and the square.Visit the underground levels of Piazza Navona, first opened to the public in 2014; descend 5 metres beneath street level into the excavations, at the time of the Roman Empire; admire the ancient ruins of the first and only masonry stadium in Roman history; learn more about the history of the Stadium/Piazza Navona/ancient Roman sports.
per adult from
What's included :
- admission ticket (valid for the selected date only but can be used at any time)
- audioguide or mobile app (up to your personal choice)
- presale and service fees included
- Entry/Admission - Stadio di Domiziano - Navona Square Underground
What's excluded :
- single-use earphones available, but not obligatory, at 1 euro each to buy at the entrance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stadio di Domiziano - Navona Square Underground, Via di Tor Sanguigna 3 Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
Visit the ruins of the Stadium of Domitian (Unesco World Heritage Site) in Piazza Navona are located about 4.50 meters below street level
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Via di Tor Sanguigna, 3, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :7/29/2020 - 11/14/2021
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- We will send you your ticket in PDF. Show the PDF to the staff you find at the entrance and enjoy your visit.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.