Piazza San Marco: walking tour & charming gondola ride
Start the tour with a visit to Piazza San Marco and Venice historical center with a expert guide: you will see the main highlights as Doge’s Palace, St. Mark’s Basilica, Bridge of Sighs, the marvelous Basilica of San Giovanni & Paolo and many other fascinating places.
The walking tour ends at Rialto with its imposing bridge and the traditional local markets. On the square, after the bridge, you’ll see San Giacometto of Rialto: the oldest church of Venice, built in the 1200. Listen to the incredible tales regarding Rialto that was the trade center of Europe in the last centuries.
Later, you will get on the gondola to float the Grand Canal: the gondolier will escort you along hidden and romantic corners reachable only by gondola.
During the route you’ll see Mozart’s house, Peggy Guggenheim collection, San Giorgio’s island and you’ll enjoy the stunning overview on Piazza San Marco.
The guide will explain secrets and stories about the marvelous Palaces around you durting the ride.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour by a qualified and experienced guide.
- 30 minutes shared Gondola ride
- Audio-receiver devices are included during the walking tour in case of groups over 10 people.
- Commentary on gondola
- Entry/Admission - Vecchia Murano
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
An amazing walking tour to discover historical heart of Venice! The professional guide will explain you the main attractions of Piazza San Marco as Palazzo Ducale, the Basilica, Clock Tower and much more!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Ponte di Rialto, Ruga degli Orefici (Rialto) San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
After having seen the house of the legendary Marco Polo you will arrive to the Rialto Bridge with its traditional market! Once the merchants from all over the world came here to trade their exotic goods.
Pass By: Basilica dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo (San Zanipolo), Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo, 30122 Venice Italy
You will learn history and legends of the venetian picturesque squares like Santa Maria Formosa or S. Giovanni and Paolo.
Stop At: Canal Grande, 30100 Venice Italy
The tour proceeds with a wonderful promenade by gondola on the Grand Canal: the richest waterway of the world! During your romantic ride, you will admire Desdemona’s House and Mozart’s House passing by the worldwide famous La Fenice Theatre proceeding along the Rio (Canal) “De le Ostreghe” leading into the most charming part of the Grand Canal, where you will admire the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute, Campo de la Salute Dorsoduro 1, 30123 Venice Italy
When you reach the Salute Church and Punta della Dogana you will enjoy a quick unique breathtaking view of S. Giorgio’s Island, Saint Mark’s with its Belltower and Doge’s Palace. The only gondola ride with commentary: comfortably seated you wil enjoy 10 description of the main highlights along the itinerary!
Stop At: Vecchia Murano, Castello, 4392/a 300 metri da Piazza San Marco, 30122 Venice Italy
At the end you will have the opportunity to visit a Glass Factory close to Saint Mark’s Square, where you can see a Glass Craftsman at work. This is a free of charge option for approximately 20 minutes.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Venice, Venice, Veneto
Later, enjoy the Audio guide with digital map to discover the 5 districts of Venice with their best attractions and squares, day or night, on a self-guided tour. Listen to the automatic audio narration of the city’s highlights, with more than 200 points of interest!
Departure Point :Venice Tours Assistance Point, Calle larga de l'Ascension, 1257, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Unfortunately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- Each gondola can host maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending of guests weight.
- English, Italian with live guide. Spanish translated by audio guide
- The guide will be only on one gondola, the participants on the others gondolas will listen to her/him with the audio-devices
- The German live guide will be Wednesday and Friday at 11:30 AM and 11:00 AM. The other days the German will be translated by a mobile audio-guide.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The French live guide will be on Saturday at 2:30 PM and 2:00 PM. The other days the French will be translated by a mobile audio-guide.
- The live commentary on gondola will be only in English and Italian.
- The customers health is the most important matter for us, the tour operates in according to the Covid-19 National directives in order to guarantee the experiences in a safe environment.
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned, and the tour will leave with small groups.
- Most travelers can participate
- We only ask the kindness to bring the own mask in case you need to wear it.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.