Pietrapertosa walking tour: memorable villages and landscapes near Matera
Pietrapertosa is a small mountain village in Basilicata at 1088 meters above sea level. It is located inside the Park of Gallipoli Cognato and the Little Lucanian Dolomites and is surrounded by fantastically shaped sandstones.
Pietrapertosa Saracen fortress acquired importance with the Normans. The guided tour will take you to know the area of Arabata, the oldest and most striking of Pietrapertosa. In the walking path in the historic center. The tour continues by visiting the solar clock, the sundial of Pietrapertosa and the many staircases: alleys carved into the rock.
The guided tour ends with a visit to the magnificent Norman-Swabian castle, formerly Saracen fortress, dominating from the top of the rocks.
As an alternative to the classic historical-archaeological itinerary, one can choose to undertake the "Path of the seven stones", a naturalistic-trekking path that connects the municipalities of Pietrapertosa and Castelmezzano to be covered in about ninety minutes
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket
- Entry/Admission - Castello Saraceno
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castello Saraceno, Via Roma, 85010 Pietrapertosa Italy
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Le Dolomiti Lucane, 85010 Pietrapertosa Italy
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :85010 Pietrapertosa, Province of Potenza, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.