Pittsburgh to Logstown: Discover the area's settler history on an audio tour
Travel to a time before white Europeans "tamed" the wilderness of Western Pennsylvania, when Indians built mounds and walked trails. Be wary, though. It becomes the most dangerous place on Earth. We begin at the forts built at the Forks of the Ohio. We end at Logstown, the original Wild West town. Along the way, we'll be joined by howling wolves and dancing Indians. We'll visit an Indian burial mound that was carried away piece by piece until it is no more. Charles Dickens will reflect on his steamboat trip down the Ohio, and Grandmother will tell us why all the animals left Lenape land.
This is a self-guided audio tour. Please download the tour using the VoiceMap app in a wifi zone to enjoy full offline accessibility.
per adult from
50 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Brunot Island, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
The tour passes the Brunot Island.
Pass By: McKees Rocks Bridge, Stowe Township, PA, USA
The tour goes over the McKees Rocks Bridge.
Pass By: Neville Island, Neville Island, Pennsylvania
The tour passes Neville Island.
Pass By: Riverside Park, Dawson Ave, Sewickley, PA 15143, USA
The tour includes an optional stop at the Riverside Park.
Pass By: Ohio River, United States
The tour goes alongside parts of the Ohio River.
Pass By: Logstown, Ambridge, PA 15003, USA
The tour ends in Logstown.
Departure Point :Duquesne Incline Parking West Carson Street Pittsburgh, 1197 W Carson St, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/15/2020 - 10/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Logstown, Ambridge, PA 15003, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.