Pizza Making and Wine Tasting
This pizza making experience is one that you shouldn't miss when visiting Rome. This tour gets you out of the city to the wonderful town of Frascati. Your local guide will starts the tour with an exploration of her hometown making a stop for wine and treats at the only wood-burning bakery in Frascati. After a little more time exploring, it is time to meet Claudio to learn how to make a proper Italian pizza. Antipasta and wine is served when arriving at the beautifully quaint restaurant followed by a tutorial and hands-on experience of building your own pizza from scratch. After you have made your own dough you will then create your own pizza and cook it in the brick oven next door.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Three boutique Frascati DOCG wines, house wine, limoncello & grappa!
- Snacks - Nonna Rosanna's famous wine cookies dipped in jug wine at Antico Forno Ceralli
- Dinner - Your own Pizza creation plus 3 starters, 2 roman pastas, wine, cookies & coffee
What's excluded :
- Our adventure begins with a tour around the historic center of Frascati where we will show you the most beautiful, authentic, and quintessential sites in Frascati.
Visit one of the last wood-burning ovens in Frascati, here you will see the chestnut branches used in the oven and smell the delicious smoky aroma that fills the piazza. Taste the bakery's wine cookies dipped in their house wine and chat with the 94 year-old baker Nonna Rosanna.
Enjoy the fresh air, cool breeze and beautiful view of Rome in the distance.
We'll walk over to Claudio's hole-in-the-wall pizzeria and learn about the five ingredients you need to make pizza dough from scratch.
Our Pizza Maestro will teach you how to kneed the dough, how to stretch and flatten the dough, and which topping to use for authentic Frascati pizza. You will also learn how to put it into the wood burning oven.
When your pizza is ready, you will eat it paired with local seasonal vegetables, Roman pasta and more! While you enjoy your pizza you’ll learn about three local wines from your host who is an ONAV licensed wine taster. You will taste Frascati Superiore DOCG, Red Vagnolo IGT and Sweet Wine followed by limoncello & grappa!
• Frascati Centro storico, Da Via del Tuscolo, Frascati Italy
• Panzanella, Ratatouille and Vignarola - Three different kinds of seasonal local vegetable starters.
• Your own Pizza plus 2 different kinds of Roman Pasta - Your own pizza creation is also accompanied by seasonal, local pasta dishes.
• Ciambelle al vino bianco - Nonna Rosanna's famous wine cookies dipped in wine ;)
Departure Point :00044 Frascati, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/1/2020 - 10/18/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.