Places of Matera, the city of "Sassi"
The tour guide outside the Cathedral and walking tour, through culture, history, tales and legends, where in the bronze age, according the findings, a built up area was born to shape the first city.Secondly we will go to "Sasso Barisano" where we will find how life was spent in the past through old trades, customs, proofs and habits. Then we will cross the old town, coasting the "Civita", enjoying the view of the Park of Materana Murgia on the front side, so that we will head towards the rupestrian complex where you can see rupestrian churches and cave dwellings.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour guide outside the Cathedral and walking tour
- Tour guide inside the ethno-anthropological museum (ticket entrance not included)
- Tour guide inside the rupestrian complex (ticket entrance not included)
What's excluded :
- Entrance rate to the ethno-anthropological museum (3€)
- Entrance rate to the rupestrian complex of Madonna delle Virtù and San Nicola dei Greci (7 Eur)
- Entry/Admission - Museo Laboratorio della Civilta Contadina
- Entry/Admission - Chiese rupestri Madonna delle Virtu e San Nicola dei Greci
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cattedrale di Matera, Piazza del Duomo, Matera Italy
We wil visit the Cathedral of Matera outside.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Museo Laboratorio della Civilta Contadina, Via San Giovanni Vecchio 60, 75100, Matera Italy
In this places dug into the cave where in the past there were the so called "case grotta" which were cave dwellings you will discover old works of the past.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chiese rupestri Madonna delle Virtu e San Nicola dei Greci, Via Madonna Delle Virtu, 75100, Matera Italy
Here we will visit rupestrian churches and a old cave dwelling.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Cathedral of Saint Mary 'della Bruna' and Saint Eustace, Piazza Duomo, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza San Pietro Caveoso, Piazza S. Pietro Caveoso, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.