Plaka & Acropolis Surroundings: Audio Tour on your Phone (no entry to sites)
Discover the best of Athens, the surroundings of the Acropolis and the beautiful Plaka area, with an immersive audio tour & a detailed map of the route. Your tour begins in Plaka, where you will enjoy a leisurely stroll covering the highlights of this most nostalgic neighborhood, including the Tower of the Winds & the Anafiotika, a small piece of Cycladic heaven at the heart of Athens. Then, you will walk around the cobbled paths that surround the Acropolis hill to discover some fascinating stories from its rich past and end your audio tour outside the stunning Acropolis Museum. This is an unmissable opportunity to enjoy a pleasant stroll around the historical area of the Acropolis hill and get introduced to its highlights and some of its most unexpected secrets. The tour doesn't cover the Acropolis site and the Museum, but will provide you a comprehensive overview should you wish to explore them on your own!
* Tickets to the archaeological site and the museum are not included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Αctivation link to access your audio tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to the Roman Agora, Acropolis Hill & Acropolis Museum
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tower of the Winds, Aiolou, Athina 105 55, Grecia, Athens 10555 Greece
Your tour begins outside the Roman Agora, in front of the celebrated Tower of the Winds. Listening to the immersive stories of your self guided audio tour, you’ll be introduced to a fascinating landmark that once operated as an ancient meteorological station!
Duration: 6 minutes
Stop At: Anafiotika, Athens 105 58 Greece
You will continue your walk through Plaka, the most picturesque neighborhood of Athens! There, your audio tour will lead your steps to a little quarter, known as Anafiotika, a hidden Cycladic wonder in the bustling heart of Athens.
Duration: 13 minutes
Stop At: Areopagus, Acropolis, Athens 105 58 Greece
Now it’s time from some mythology and a spectacular panorama! Perched on Areios Pagos, the bare marble hill which sits northwest of the Acropolis, you will take in the mesmerizing view of the city that stretches below and the Acropolis rock rising above you.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Having enjoyed a pleasant stroll around the stone paths that surround the Acropolis Hill and learned about its history and legends, your audio tour will lead you in front of the Acropolis Museum. You will gain valuable insights into the construction of the building, its unique design that blends antiquity and modernity and if you feel like ending your walk with a drink and a nice view, you can take a rest at the beautiful cafe of the Museum!
Duration: 7 minutes
Departure Point :Tower of the Winds, Athens, Greece
Departure Time :7/1/2020 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athina 117 42, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Please consider that admission fees for the Acropolis archaeological site & the Acropolis Museum are not included
- Your audio tour does not cover the Acropolis archaeological site and the Acropolis Museum but will provide you a comprehensive overview should you wish to explore them on your own
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you will receive an email through Viator, from our local supplier, Clio Muse Tours with further instructions about your tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in public areas. So please download the mobile app and your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly. Use your headphones to best enjoy
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required. (Windows phones are not compatible with the app)
- Please ensure you have enough storage space. (required size for the app & tour: 100-150 MB)
- Also, prior to your visit, make sure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring on a pair of earphones/headphones
- Wear comfortable shoes/sunscreen/hat
- Please note that reservations received between 10.00 pm - 7.59 am will be served next day at 8.00 am.
- Most travelers can participate
- Non refundable once activated
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.