Plovdiv Arts & Crafts District Tour
The city of Plovdiv, winner in the competition for 2019 European Capital of Culture, boasts something which is rarely found around the world - its own arts and crafts district called Kapana (the Trap). Join us and in around 2 hours you will have the chance to trace the development of the neighbourhood, see some of the hidden treasures of Plovdiv that one cannot find on his own and learn more about the work of the local artists and artisans by visiting a gallery and workshops and practicing a craft on your own!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Kapana suberb
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 365 Association Plovdiv Tours, Ploshtad Stefan Stambolov 1 The Municipality Buidling, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
This is our meeting point, where you will find our tour guide expecting you with a signboard- Kapana Arts and Crafts tour
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kapana suberb, Center ville Djumaya mosque, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
Dive into the colorful history and buzzing atmosphere of Kapana on this 2‐hour walking tour. Known locally as “The Trap”, the area has been the creative hub of the city for over five centuries, housing artists and craftspeople from across the region.
Join a local guide to learn about the story of the area, and how it has retained its artistic character throughout its long history. Visit various workshops of local artisans and a contemporary art gallery. Observe the locals at work, and admire their skills in handicraft manufacturing. Then take the opportunity to test your own skills at a local craft activity.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Municipality Plovdiv, pl. "Stefan Stambolov" 1, 4000 Tsentar, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Return Detail :4000 Kapana, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.